E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The stealership has taken my car hostage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I don't know if you all remember back when I mentioned my check engine light kept coming on. Well, I get here to Texas and it is back on. I changed out the plugs to some "better ones" and I still get the check engine light. The car has been idling rough since we got it back from the shipping company. So we turn it in for the millionth time to try to get this fixed and they tell me they have to change the plugs back and that it would cost me over $350 bucks!!! I'm like are you smoking crack?!!!! I understand bringing the car back to stock to try and understand what the issue is but there is no way I am paying that much for something I can do and with better care. I am getting frustrated and BMW is not making it any better. This is a 2008 5 Series not a jalopy. I payed good money for a good car and I thought experience, knowledge and customer service came with that price. Also, my right side headlight went out. So i figure it is a good time to change the bulbs to 6000k. I did and that eventually went out as well. I changed out the bulb to a good stock one and it still did not work. I swapped sides and it still did not work so now they are telling me that the problem is my aftermarket bulb. I say ok we how much for a new bulb the idiot tells me $400!!!! What a bunch of theves! I am going down there today. They have not met me yet. My wife was the one that brought the car in.

Please pray peaceful thoughts for me... I am very upset.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That sucks Tony! Hope you can sort it out somehow... :thumbsdown:
Old 09-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Sorry to hear this Tony!! Hang in there and good luck at the dealer...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

The dealer will always make a profit; just don't go down there with a luger in your trunk !
Old 09-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Is this dealership near the base? Sounds like they marked your wife as a military spouse whose husband is deployed and are trying to rip her/you off. I've seen crap like this when I was serving...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Hey at least you have your car...

My dealer has had mine 4 different times to fix the sun roof leak, and currently has been there for 29 days...for guess what ???? another sun roof leak and Fried Diversity module ( #2)
in 10 months....

That's right the replacement car for my HPFP returned 535i I've had for 10 moth now... 2.5 of those month it has been at the dealer getting the same problem fixed...nothing like finding 2" of water on you back seat floor board and random electronic dead.

I'm so tired of this crap, I've not had a "correctly working,non water logged" BMW in over 2.5 years now.

Way to go BMW, Way to GO! Excellent build quality there. Great way to instill brand loyalty!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Since I bought my car I live by this rule: Do what repairs I can, use an independent shop for the rest, go to the BMW dealership as a last resort.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

Why are you trying to rice out your bimmer anyway? Huh.... Should of bought an Si..lol Good luck tho!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
Hey at least you have your car...

My dealer has had mine 4 different times to fix the sun roof leak, and currently has been there for 29 days...for guess what ???? another sun roof leak and Fried Diversity module ( #2)
in 10 months....

That's right the replacement car for my HPFP returned 535i I've had for 10 moth now... 2.5 of those month it has been at the dealer getting the same problem fixed...nothing like finding 2" of water on you back seat floor board and random electronic dead.

I'm so tired of this crap, I've not had a "correctly working,non water logged" BMW in over 2.5 years now.

Way to go BMW, Way to GO! Excellent build quality there. Great way to instill brand loyalty!
That sucks. Had my 535i for about 3 years now. I didn't have to say anything about the HPFP - it was diagnosed and replaced automatically while the car was in for an oil change. Had the sunroof seal replaced a few months back because of wind noise - other than leaving a tiny grease spot on the headliner the job was perfect.

Maybe you should go to a different dealer.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by tonymac
I don't know if you all remember back when I mentioned my check engine light kept coming on. Well, I get here to Texas and it is back on. I changed out the plugs to some "better ones" and I still get the check engine light. The car has been idling rough since we got it back from the shipping company. So we turn it in for the millionth time to try to get this fixed and they tell me they have to change the plugs back and that it would cost me over $350 bucks!!! I'm like are you smoking crack?!!!! I understand bringing the car back to stock to try and understand what the issue is but there is no way I am paying that much for something I can do and with better care. I am getting frustrated and BMW is not making it any better. This is a 2008 5 Series not a jalopy. I payed good money for a good car and I thought experience, knowledge and customer service came with that price. Also, my right side headlight went out. So i figure it is a good time to change the bulbs to 6000k. I did and that eventually went out as well. I changed out the bulb to a good stock one and it still did not work. I swapped sides and it still did not work so now they are telling me that the problem is my aftermarket bulb. I say ok we how much for a new bulb the idiot tells me $400!!!! What a bunch of theves! I am going down there today. They have not met me yet. My wife was the one that brought the car in.

Please pray peaceful thoughts for me... I am very upset.

Bro, I only hope someone at that dealership has a camera and the sense to put this on youtube

Originally Posted by pukka
Is this dealership near the base? Sounds like they marked your wife as a military spouse whose husband is deployed and are trying to rip her/you off. I've seen crap like this when I was serving...
That's messed up, homes :thumbsdown:

Someone gotta make a thread that lists every dealer that does stuff like that... heck, I'll post a thread with their names on each forum I'm on. Gladly.

Quick Reply: The stealership has taken my car hostage!!!