E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Stealer woke my car up - jb3 story

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012 | 08:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

E85!
Old 05-19-2012 | 08:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

DMTL pump = Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage pump. If you have a leak it will check engine light on you, and a failure can lead to a lot of weird adaptations. DMTL and HPFP are the two most common 535i failures right now.

I'm assuming you're bone stock right now, so try re-loading the JB and see what happens- It can't hurt you.
Old 05-20-2012 | 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bgreaves
Okay, completely true story.

Took my car to VOB BMW (owned by someone else now) only because my dash was starting to look like a Christmas tree. I was planning on taking it in just for the battery cable recall issue and the check engine light was on due to the brake fluid needing to be flushed (If they actually did it or not, I have no idea). All I have done to increase power is put in the jb3. I was never impressed with it to be quite honest. I dont have DCI's so I set it to stage 5 and it felt slightly more powerful than stock. I later decided a few months ago to set it to stage 7 just to see (we have 93 octane here in Md. everywhere). With it stock and stage " 7 " I would launch the car from a stand still with traction control off, spin the tires for maybe 20 ft and it would hook up easily from there. I read so many posts how amazing it was and all the stories of how much faster the car was.... blah !
Well, after the 4 recalls were attended to, brake fluid flushed, and the DME reflashed, I hopped in and put it in drive and immediately noticed a difference. WTF is what I was wondering. Is it in sport mode??? I made a right turn onto the avenue (Rockville Pike) and gave it moderate gas.... boom! The freaking car felt like I floored it. I was totally confused to say the least. Anyway, onto the highway, and man, it really is faster than my old e46 M3. I am so much happier with it now, of course I want the DCI's or whatever else I can get to maximize the boost being turned up. Other than Meth, downpipes, and an exhaust, if anyone has any ideas or some used parts they want to sell me, let me know, I will buy right away!

Anyone have any idea what the Stealer may have done that let the jb kick in like this?

thanks!
not sure but they might have done something right for once....FYI they are an aweful place. The schmucks there did not even torque down my spark plugs properly when they replaced them!
Old 06-08-2012 | 05:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by Munich77
not sure but they might have done something right for once....FYI they are an aweful place. The schmucks there did not even torque down my spark plugs properly when they replaced them!
You know, I was like you about them many years ago, but I bought a used '03 M3 from them back '06. The only reason was because it was the exact model I wanted, NOT the price. I paid too much for it but the color combo, features, and mileage were perfect. Anyway, I had identified that the 19's were repaired by someone sanding and repainting and clear coating them which was a big deal for me. I told the sales manager I had an issue with that and if they start to peel later, would they fix them or replace them. I don't remember exactly what he said at the time, but of course they starting peeling within a couple months so I took the car back. They did the same ol sand and spray job and of course, PEELING again within a few months. I took it back again and told them, "we can do this every few months if yall want" After sitting down for a like 30 minutes in the service dept. the service manager (Brian) came to me and said "I got you covered"... I was like, "What, yall finally going to replace them?" being a schmuck. "Yep" he told me and my car was already on the lift getting them replaced for absolutely free! I would have paid a bit of it if he told me to. I went back a week later and offered him Redskins' tickets but he declined saying he couldnt. Cool! Since that time, every time I have gone there has been a good experience other than the normal outrageous prices. Also, they no longer work with Enterprise Rent A Car, they only loan BMW's. Lot's to choose from!
Old 06-08-2012 | 12:22 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 535i Spacey Grey, Sport, Prem, Navi, 20 way comfort (a must) - DCI, JB4 - ditched the RFT '08 MDX Tech pkg

Originally Posted by bgreaves
Okay, completely true story.

Took my car to VOB BMW (owned by someone else now) only because my dash was starting to look like a Christmas tree. I was planning on taking it in just for the battery cable recall issue and the check engine light was on due to the brake fluid needing to be flushed (If they actually did it or not, I have no idea). All I have done to increase power is put in the jb3. I was never impressed with it to be quite honest. I dont have DCI's so I set it to stage 5 and it felt slightly more powerful than stock. I later decided a few months ago to set it to stage 7 just to see (we have 93 octane here in Md. everywhere). With it stock and stage " 7 " I would launch the car from a stand still with traction control off, spin the tires for maybe 20 ft and it would hook up easily from there. I read so many posts how amazing it was and all the stories of how much faster the car was.... blah !
Well, after the 4 recalls were attended to, brake fluid flushed, and the DME reflashed, I hopped in and put it in drive and immediately noticed a difference. WTF is what I was wondering. Is it in sport mode??? I made a right turn onto the avenue (Rockville Pike) and gave it moderate gas.... boom! The freaking car felt like I floored it. I was totally confused to say the least. Anyway, onto the highway, and man, it really is faster than my old e46 M3. I am so much happier with it now, of course I want the DCI's or whatever else I can get to maximize the boost being turned up. Other than Meth, downpipes, and an exhaust, if anyone has any ideas or some used parts they want to sell me, let me know, I will buy right away!

Anyone have any idea what the Stealer may have done that let the jb kick in like this?

thanks!

did they replace your spark plugs? When they replaced mine, my JB4 felt like it was 2x better. What happened was that the old plugs was miss firing and produced lag in the boost.

Peak