E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Standard Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I compared the Hi-Fi with the L7 and wasn't impressed with the latter. It's more powerful but not better sounding IMHO.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Well I'm confused on this topic!

I don't understand how anyone can say the UK HiFi (US Std) system is flat or shallow. I upgraded from the Uk std system, which IMHO has no place in a car as high class as the E60, to the HiFi system (an extra ?355) and it was worth every penny. The bass really fills the car without any distortion whatsoever and the sound is crisp and clear.

If I was going to advise anyone on E60 stereo systems I would say HiFi everytime. L7 is around ?880 extra in the UK and unless you like blood coming out of your ears I would save your money and buy folding mirrors, ext lights and ext voice instead.
HiFi is simply awesome.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

I haven't heard the Euro-Hifi system but have heard the standard E60 US system and let me tell you... BIG DIFFERENCE...

The bass on the L7 system will bring blood to your ears... well, to mine any way. LoLz. If I place a plastic CD case on an empty front passenger seat, crank the bass and volume up, it will rattle it like a cheap Hyundai.

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 30 2005, 04:36 PM
Well I'm confused on this topic!

I don't understand how anyone can say the UK HiFi (US Std) system is flat or shallow. I upgraded from the Uk std system, which IMHO has no place in a car as high class as the E60, to the HiFi system (an extra ?355) and it was worth every penny. The bass really fills the car without any distortion whatsoever and the sound is crisp and clear.

If I was going to advise anyone on E60 stereo systems I would say HiFi everytime. L7 is around ?880 extra in the UK and unless you like blood coming out of your ears I would save your money and buy folding mirrors, ext lights and ext voice instead.
HiFi is simply awesome.
[snapback]144750[/snapback]
Old 06-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I wondering now whether the US gets the std UK system too! Because there is a massive difference beteween our HiFi and the std system.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Members

I find the standard system to be more than adequate for me, and while I'm not an audiophile, I am still pretty discerning about my sound.

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 30 2005, 02:32 PM
I wondering now whether the US gets the std UK system too! Because there is a massive difference beteween our HiFi and the std system.
[snapback]144789[/snapback]
Old 06-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Members

I have had both the standard US stereo and now the logic 7 - the logic 7 is so much better sounding. The biggest difference I have noticed is that with the standard US sound you have to turn it up quite a bit for it to not sound shallow. The logic 7 seems to have a much more full sound if that makes any sense. Plus bass is much improved. I personally am very happy with the logic 7.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Contributors

In my opinion, it sounds very good!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Contributors

The system is not terrible, but there is no bass at all, and jacking it up in your tone controls is not the fix.
I am adding an Infinity basslink this weekend...we will se if this works!

TC
Old 07-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by Berlin.BMER' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:39 AM
My wife's car has the hifi system in it and it sounds just fine! I think this is the standard system for you US guys?? But the L7 just rocks in my 5! If you have the extra cash go for it!
[snapback]144591[/snapback]

I can cofirm. Standart + HIFI system sounds great. I think Logic 7 is mostly about the "equalizer" function. Yes, it has more speakers then the standart, but HIFI system has already extra speakers too.

(also coming from BOSE equipped car I can say really no difference to BMW HIFI)
Old 07-01-2005, 04:40 AM
IMU
Contributors

Why do the US only get 2 options when the rest of the world have 3...

Do they hear differently to everyone else?

Quick Reply: Standard Stereo