E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sqweak and rattle from boot on e60

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI guys!
anyone experienced a rattle or sqweak from the boot area when going over bumps?
I have recently had rattles from the windows repaired by the dealer, anyone had this problem?
Old 09-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard!
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard . sorry, can't help you cuz i don't have this problem .
Old 09-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

sorry i don't know what could be causing that...

Damn it iceman, you beat me to it again...
Old 09-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

I've had the same problem for some time now. I finally got the dealer to send a technician on a test drive with me at the wheel and the tech in the back seat. He promptly heard the squeaks and we returned to the dealership to pick up the shop foreman. Again with myself at the wheel and the two techs in the back they were able to identify the source of the noise to the shelf behind the rear seat. Service called me today (and said it's done) and asked if they could keep the car until Monday to recheck the fix. I'm hoping they've got it this time, as it is the 3rd time it's been in for this problem.

Have someone from service take a drive with you, but before you do, find a nearby stretch of road that will definitely reproduce the noise. Good Luck!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Members

Angry

Originally Posted by ranieriwm' date='Sep 19 2004, 12:01 AM
I've had the same problem for some time now. I finally got the dealer to send a technician on a test drive with me at the wheel and the tech in the back seat. He promptly heard the squeaks and we returned to the dealership to pick up the shop foreman. Again with myself at the wheel and the two techs in the back they were able to identify the source of the noise to the shelf behind the rear seat. Service called me today (and said it's done) and asked if they could keep the car until Monday to recheck the fix. I'm hoping they've got it this time, as it is the 3rd time it's been in for this problem.

Have someone from service take a drive with you, but before you do, find a nearby stretch of road that will definitely reproduce the noise. Good Luck!!!
PLease try to find out exactly what was the problem and what they did to repair it.. because I have the same problem and it's really anoying.

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Members

I had this problem almost from the day I picked the car up. The car finally went in to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and they found the problem was that the catches for the rear fold seats were loose. They made some adjustments and all is quiet in the cabin now.

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Members

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Malc' date='Sep 20 2004, 02:36 AM
I had this problem almost from the day I picked the car up. The car finally went in to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and they found the problem was that the catches for the rear fold seats were loose. They made some adjustments and all is quiet in the cabin now.

Cheers,

Malc.
but I don't have folding seats...
Old 09-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Members

Radu530d,

I did see another thread a while back that it could also be caused by the rear shelf. Maybe thats your problem. I would suggest you drop it into your dealer, and if in doubt drive them over some roads which cause the rattles so they can hear it.

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Malc' date='Sep 20 2004, 02:53 AM
Radu530d,

I did see another thread a while back that it could also be caused by the rear shelf. Maybe thats your problem. I would suggest you drop it into your dealer, and if in doubt drive them over some roads which cause the rattles so they can hear it.

Cheers,

Malc.
You might be right. I noticed that when I'm moveing the rear armrest.. it sqweaks very loudly.

And bad roads aren't so hard to find here in Romania.

Quick Reply: sqweak and rattle from boot on e60