E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Squeeky noise coming from doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:46 PM

Thank you very much! Just before I traded in my 540i it also did the
same thing. My dealer use something called Gummiflege[?] I called
my dealer and they will take care of it.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how long this Cabaflo treatement is supposed to last?

When I sent in for squeaking doors, the dealer here put friction tape on the door frames instead. It works rather well and is apparently a permanant solution, at least I hope so.

eggz
Old 07-31-2004, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

A dealer doing "duct tape" repairs!

Looks like we have a winner!!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jul 31 2004, 08:04 AM
When I sent in for squeaking doors, the dealer here put friction tape on the door frames instead.
I just hope you're kidding...
OMG!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Members

For those in the U.S. wanting the recommended fix from BMW, there are 93 dealers that have Carbaflo on back order from Germany. You may want to notify your dealer in advance.

Also, Carbaflo is $39.95 per container (size not specified) for do-it-yourselfers.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:28 AM
Members

Hey everyone-

Last night I went to my dealer to pick up the two parts to stop this noise.

Total with BMWCCA discount was $54.82.

The funny thing is the silicone remover is a good size bottle and was like $9.00, but the Carboflo was (with dicount) $45.00 and it is the size of those applicators you would use if you got a mosquito bite. Most of you should know what I am talking about.....it is about the length of a pen, alittle thicker, and has a sponge-like applicator at the top. This stuff better work for the amount of product you get for the price.

I will try it this weekend and let everyone know.

>>>I actually detailed the car last friday night until 2:30AM saturday and the noise has been gone. I think this is because when I wax, I also wax the door jams. I use Zymol Concours Estate wax. When I did this a few months ago the noise went away too and then came back. So it seems as the wax wears away the noise comes back. From reading BMWs bulletin, this will be the only application we need. Only time will tell.<<<
Old 08-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Why do you have to pay to get rid of a noise that shouldn't be there in the first place?? I think BMW should pay for the stuff so you won't be irritated by the noise anymore.

Did you ask them to pay it??
Old 08-12-2004, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think 530E60NL is right. There's even a TSB regarding the problem. If that's not a warranty deal, I'd be really surprised!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Members

Yes I did ask them. However, if I had them do the TSB then they would have to keep the products. So if the noise for whatever reason returned, I would have to make another trip to the dealer to get it taken care of.

Plus, I know with me doing it, it will be done with alot of care. Not saying that my dealer doesn't do theat for me but this is such a small thing.

I am going to give my contact at BMWNA a call today and ask her if she can get me reimbursed. She was able to do it last time for me. When I had my E46 the thermostat went, it was replaced but another possibly could go defect part was used. I didn't like that but at that time BMW was still trying to get it right. When they finally released the 4th generation, most perfect thermostat I wanted it installed. But the dealer I was going to at the time(jerks) said they could replace it under warranty unless the part went defective again. So I bought the part and paid for the labor. After I left I made a call to BMWNA and my contact said don't get your hopes up but I will see what I can do. Well she called me back within 4 hours and said to fax her the receipts for the labor and part and BMW will send me a check. Sure enough within a WEEK, I had that money back.

So I am going to see if I can get that done again.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

mines in tomorrow to be de-siliconed and carbaflo'd. I asked at the parts dept about obtaining the stuff for myself and the UK price came to about ?30 total. they said if i wanted some it would take two days to arrive. think i might buy some just so i've got it handy if i ever need it...how sad

anyway tomorrow's work is warranty so it won't cost me. interesting thing is dealer said they had not had any E60's back in for this issue....though i guess they might always say that.

Quick Reply: Squeeky noise coming from doors