E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Squeal from the front brakes when turn left

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 2010
Default Squeal from the front brakes when turn left

I had my front rotors and brake pads replaced recently on my 550i. When I make a left turn at a certain speed I hear a squeal from the brakes (must be the front right). It only happens when I drive at a certain speed. I have used genuine OEM rotors and pads and applied anti squeal to the back of the pads and lubed the areas the pads are sliding on. I didn't lube caliper slide pins as per BMW, but I had them cleaned. I also noticed that the original pads that were installed on the car had mounting brackets on both inner and outer pad. Whereas the replacement set only had the bracket attached to the inner pads only.
Any idea what I should check for? I took the rim off and didn't see any scratches on the back of my rim.

Here is how the original pads looked like (with mounting clips on both pads):

and here is how the replacement looked like (without mounting clip on outer pad):

Last edited by tpaxadpom; 01-28-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

Yea noticed that when i changed brakes a couple weeks ago. Also went OEM and no more clips on 2 of the brake pads in the set. also lubed the back of the brakes and only cleaned side pins. No sound. But i did change the anti rattle spring as mine was corroded. Its most probably whats causing the sound your having.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 2010

Thank you for the advice Daniel. I will have to check the anti rattle spring as I haven't replaced it.