E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Squeaky seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i'll do you a favor and spend a few more minutes of my time with you because you're not worth more than that. You can bragg as much as you want for your "wish to have" list of cars. We don't really care. The only reason you are here in this forum is to learn something and then go back to your dealer to complain. Prime example is your last post where you blaim BMW about the injectors. Had it ever occur to you that the injectors are manufactured and tested by Bosch, Siemens or NTK and not BMW. However, in your mind is BMW's fault because this is all you want to see.

Most likely you have spent your life's savings to buy or lease (who cares) a BMW and all you do is to complain. Show the forum a constructive post of yours, if you have any other than "hijacking" other people's posts to complain.

In a sense you are so lucky because you will never get a brain tumor. That can only happen to people who have brains.....

Enough said. Case closed.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I still do not have an answer from anyone.... One other has this problem, any solutions?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='463347' date='Aug 28 2007, 08:05 AM
well, i'll do you a favor and spend a few more minutes of my time with you because you're not worth more than that. You can bragg as much as you want for your "wish to have" list of cars. We don't really care. The only reason you are here in this forum is to learn something and then go back to your dealer to complain. Prime example is your last post where you blaim BMW about the injectors. Had it ever occur to you that the injectors are manufactured and tested by Bosch, Siemens or NTK and not BMW. However, in your mind is BMW's fault because this is all you want to see.

Most likely you have spent your life's savings to buy or lease (who cares) a BMW and all you do is to complain. Show the forum a constructive post of yours, if you have any other than "hijacking" other people's posts to complain.

In a sense you are so lucky because you will never get a brain tumor. That can only happen to people who have brains.....

Enough said. Case closed.
Yo: Ouch... brain tumors..? Hmmmm. You have no idea sir ( term used lightly ) what I do.. I OWN all 6 of my present cars, no let me brag ! Paid cash for all of them. BMW buys parts, as does Porsche, from other companies. BMW should choose their parts wisely. they have to warranty them. As I've said before, personal, childish attacks divert us from the issue of poor quality. BMW's concept must be the cheaper the part source the better because of so many failures. " i'll is a capital " I", it's not " we " it's " you" speaking , so don't be so egocentric as to include yourself in " we ". You are not "in" a forum you are "on "a forum. Your use of consonants, or lack of, is interesting. Use some ",'s" for a change. Childish comments... go ride your bike. Oh, Yes!! , and " Bragg " is with one "b" It's " brag " bozo. So'..........................

Does anyone out there have a good product to clean the door molding rubber to stop it from squeaking??

Chromedome
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Originally Posted by cap217' post='463350' date='Aug 28 2007, 05:15 PM
Well I still do not have an answer from anyone.... One other has this problem, any solutions?
On my 2004 530 the passenger seat was noisy and, basically, after 3 years and several intervents, I sold my car with the same problem, now on my LCI, same noise but on driver seat... at first service I'll ask to fix it
Old 08-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2008 530D "M" package Exclusive line.

Hello,
I don't know if it could help here, but having experienced same kind of problems on E46 (4 years ago), the noise just disapeared after having moved (on dealer advice) the seat on its full range (fwd, aft, up, dwn).

Just try...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by Etienne' post='463381' date='Aug 28 2007, 08:33 PM
Hello,
I don't know if it could help here, but having experienced same kind of problems on E46 (4 years ago), the noise just disapeared after having moved (on dealer advice) the seat on its full range (fwd, aft, up, dwn).

Just try...
This really might do the trick, because after moving my seat just a bit, the noice went away for a week or so. I guess the parts inside the chair simply dry out of lubricant, and they start squeaking. Moving the seat through all available range in its stand might lubricate the parts again I'll try it tomorrow morning...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Members

Chromedome,

I had similar on the driver's seat when it was at its highest setting. I lowered it a little and the squeak went away. if I raise it to its maximum again, it squeaks.

Good luck
Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Members

My Ride: My 1st was an '06 530xi, Titanium Silver w/ gray dakota leather, sport pkg. & Nav. Now my 2nd is an '08 650i CP, Space Gray, Blk Dakota, Sprt. Auto, HUD, Sprt. Pkg., Prem. Sound, High Beam Ast. & Comfort Access

Originally Posted by cap217' post='463350' date='Aug 28 2007, 11:15 AM

I have the same problem and it appears to come from the area of the seat bolster (driver's side) where my lift leg rests. I have had it to two different dealers and both advised that "the seat is performing within acceptable parameters" and they "could not reproduce" any unusual noise. I have the sport seats and the squeak did not start until the car was about a year old. I think to correct the problem myself I would have to remove the seat entirely and lubricate it inside.

I will just live with it I guess.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Members

Thats what I am told as well, it cannot be reproduced.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

I deleted all of the utterly immature and irrelevant posts from this thread.

I'd appreciate it if we could keep it on topic.

Quick Reply: Squeaky seats?