E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Squeaky seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a pre-owned under factory warranty still 525i and the drivers seat squeaks and makes noises when pressure is put on a certain spot. I feel like this is petty and I should not make an issues of it but it real drives me crazy when the stereo is off and it is loud.

What would you do? And is this covered?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Which seat is it the driver? or the rear seat? It has been widley known that the drivers seat belt lock rubs the side bolster and makes a noise the cure for that was to play a microfiber towel between the seat and lock. As for the rear it was actually the rear parcel shelf rubbing the seat and some felt lined on the upper horizontal seat back fixed this
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone inform Imritter about this post.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cap217' post='463103' date='Aug 27 2007, 04:26 PM
I bought a pre-owned under factory warranty still 525i and the drivers seat squeaks and makes noises when pressure is put on a certain spot. I feel like this is petty and I should not make an issues of it but it real drives me crazy when the stereo is off and it is loud.

What would you do? And is this covered?
had the front passenger seat squeak the other day; when i inspected the seat, the plastic covering on the base (door-side) was loose. i snapped it back in, and the squeak went away.
hope yours is something as simple.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='463135' date='Aug 27 2007, 05:51 PM
Can someone inform Imritter about this post.

Yo:

By the looks of things you have been a long time Bimmerophyle. You must also, by your comments, be a BMW or a BMWNA employee. I've owned Porsches since 1976 and have never heard the multiple complaints that I've heard about my E60. ( or experienced all the problems ) If someone had a beef with my 997 I'd listen , it might direct me to spend my car dollars elsewhere. If you have an issue with my comments that's your perogitive and right. This is an open form and dissagreement should not envoke silence or a personal critique. Next time direct your comments to me and quit hitting me on the kneecaps.. , it's not adult of you. By the way, go buy yourself some extra injectors because yours are likely to fail....just a heads up, turn around being fair play and all. Go talk to +1.

1976 914 2.0 liter fastest car in 1st and 2nd I every owned
1977 911 S
1978 911 SC\( two at once, wife was po'd )
1984 3.2
1990 964
1993 993 ( best of the air cooled a classic )
college years caused the gap...bummer
2002 996 cab
2004 E60 5 series BWM ( never again by the way , to be dumped just prior to warranty expiration )
2006 997 S coupe

Hey, but I'm not bragging...did I forget to mention my Lambourgini ? Ferrari..Whatever ....
If I hadn't put 2 kids through college I would have had 2 more Porsches. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Chromedome

P.S. I'm through, an honest comment about the reality of the E60 has fallen on (some ) deaf ears around here. See ya, you can stick around and continue reading the complaint list, NOT ME.Because you don't agree does not make it " not so" The E60 is riddled with problems ;enjoy the Idrive ...all the car mags think that was a great invention.. YA RITE! Then go look at PCM in the Porsche and see what they've done with the technology. Light years ahead functionally and otherwise. The Porsche dealerships treat you like a customer valued, not the enemy.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Members

No, my seat is what squeaks.... When I push down on it, it will make the noise as well. Its like having an old chair kind of. It is actually in the seat.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i with sports package

porche? do they even have cupholders haha. Well again like i posted before to your comment on the other thread it really is to each his own. Some people just love american cars but others think they are the worst piece o junk ever. I think that we primarily see posts on here for issues because this is the place to find out about information on our cars. Having a nice repository for fixes or updates on information about a car is great to have.

Plus if there is an issue with my car...I am not all that upset to get another bmw to drive around and put miles on.

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='463180' date='Aug 27 2007, 08:16 PM
Yo:

By the looks of things you have been a long time Bimmerophyle. You must also, by your comments, be a BMW or a BMWNA employee. I've owned Porsches since 1976 and have never heard the multiple complaints that I've heard about my E60. ( or experienced all the problems ) If someone had a beef with my 997 I'd listen , it might direct me to spend my car dollars elsewhere. If you have an issue with my comments that's your perogitive and right. This is an open form and dissagreement should not envoke silence or a personal critique. Next time direct your comments to me and quit hitting me on the kneecaps.. , it's not adult of you. By the way, go buy yourself some extra injectors because yours are likely to fail....just a heads up, turn around being fair play and all. Go talk to +1.
1976 914 2.0 liter fastest car in 1st and 2nd I every owned
1977 911 S
1978 911 SC\( two at once, wife was po'd )
1984 3.2
1990 964
1993 993 ( best of the air cooled a classic )
college years caused the gap...bummer
2002 996 cab
2004 E60 5 series BWM ( never again by the way , to be dumped just prior to warranty expiration )
2006 997 S coupe

Hey, but I'm not bragging...did I forget to mention my Lambourgini ? Ferrari..Whatever ....
If I hadn't put 2 kids through college I would have had 2 more Porsches. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Chromedome

P.S. I'm through, an honest comment about the reality of the E60 has fallen on (some ) deaf ears around here. See ya, you can stick around and continue reading the complaint list, NOT ME.Because you don't agree does not make it " not so" The E60 is riddled with problems ;enjoy the Idrive ...all the car mags think that was a great invention.. YA RITE! Then go look at PCM in the Porsche and see what they've done with the technology. Light years ahead functionally and otherwise. The Porsche dealerships treat you like a customer valued, not the enemy.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by cap217' post='463185' date='Aug 28 2007, 06:38 AM
No, my seat is what squeaks.... When I push down on it, it will make the noise as well. Its like having an old chair kind of. It is actually in the seat.
I have a squeaky driver's seat too. And yes, it sounds just like an old chair. I think it just needs some grease into some place, but how to...?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='463180' date='Aug 27 2007, 07:16 PM
Yo:

Old 08-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Members

Hello:

You took the bait, chum works well for your type. Let's go over your posts and check the spelling and the grammar...questionable at best. You even misted ( did you catch that?) the point. Now stick you tongue , pointed , in your right cheek and press, all others on this forum got the point. Gee, let me list my cars.... Lamborghini , never owned one., but it sure looks impressive. The Ferrari is a known glutton for maintenance and repair , you must enjoy those trips to the dealership , you bought a BMW. As mentioned previously, if you have a problem with the issues don't divert. Have a great day and you might as well pass by your local BMW dealer, your E60 needs work, whether you recognize it or knot.( Catch that one? ) By the way , in your E60, do the door moldings squeak when you drive? Have you ever found a good product to clean the moldings to stop them from squeaking? A good friend of mine once told me never to critique a mans' ( did you catch that grammatical error ? ) car or his dog unless you own one. Well I do. This car has been " Banglized " in every way shape and form, more happy faces for you. Not let's stick to the issue of the chronic complaints about BMW.

Cheers ( Chow...you missed that one too..now how is that spelled ?)

Chromedome

Quick Reply: Squeaky seats?