E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sport Automatic Transmission (SAT) Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this topic has been discussed in detail about if the SAT option is really worth getting. Well, I was board coming home late one night and decided to record the difference between the Standard Mode and Sport Mode(SAT engaged) I set the cruise control to keep the car at a constant speed to make the RPM's during the shifts to be the same. I hope this video comparison helps put BMW's literature into an actual visual difference between the two enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDtxqbIX9aU
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRV99
Well this topic has been discussed in detail about if the SAT option is really worth getting. Well, I was board coming home late one night and decided to record the difference between the Standard Mode and Sport Mode(SAT engaged) I set the cruise control to keep the car at a constant speed to make the RPM's during the shifts to be the same. I hope this video comparison helps put BMW's literature into an actual visual difference between the two enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDtxqbIX9aU
This is exactly the gear change speed increase I was hoping for when I retro-fitted the SAT shifter in the E60. Unfortunately, after fitting the SAT, I can confirm it does not change the gear change speed at all when the Sport button is on. However, the steering wheel does tighten up when the Sport button is on. Some people who posted before I did the retrofit indicated that it did increase the gear change speed a little (but I think this was their physche wanting it to be quicker rather than it actually being quicker). I've heard doing a software upgrade for the SAT would bring this functionality but no one could confirm so I lost interest in the end.