E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Speeding Ticket code 22349 in CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

Originally Posted by SD5Series
I used Mr. Ticket a few times. He never got me off on any of my speeding tickets, but he did get me traffic school 3 times in 1 year. Still have a clean driving record for my insurance
don't ask me how he did it, that's why he is called MR. TICKET! lol I still had to pay the $350+ for each ticket.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by G530
Hey guys,

Thank you for all the tips. I wanted to individually response to everyone but my IE browser on my desktop somehow won't allow that (it goes into reply immediately when I clicked on the first multiquote).

Yes, record is clean. I've had to carry 1 point for 3 year period and paid the price in insurance premium during that time. Lic's clean no points in the last 15 years as traffic school was last line of defense.

Right now, I'd prefer to magically make ticket disappeared as I've heard someone actually pulled it off. That way i can have traffic school in my back pocket IF I have another run of bad luck. To be honest, it's an achievement to have gone this long without a moving violation since I've had the beast over the last 2.5 years. At any given day, one is over the speed limit with all this power on tap.

What happened that caught CHP's eye was gaining speed during freeway on ramp with no clear entry lane. Punched it more to pass 2 last cars ahead to safely merge onto the freeway. At the peak, I glanced at speedo and top speed was close to 90. So to play the part of not knowing how fast one was going is really a cop out. Hey, I played and I got caught. I admited. Now, it's damage control and preventive mode. But I will take all your advice for the next time.

The one break i had was cited 80 in a 65. I think fines are in lower bracket and better chance of traffic school given by than judge 20 mph over the limit.

Going to court and playing Russian roulette with LEO show or no show yields very low odds b/c CHP guys dishes tickets all day long and you can bet they'll show b/c most violators will try their luck. That's why I am looking for better options.

Thanks again and please don't pass judgement. Nobody knows you better than you know yourself.
Clean record in CA, and <20 mph over the limit? Take the hit - it's only on your record for ~3 years - and save the traffic school option for something more major.

Last I heard, your insurance company *should* not be able to jack your rates for less than 20 mph over the limit - but, watch out for a 2nd ticket in less than 2 years!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Chemech
Clean record in CA, and <20 mph over the limit? Take the hit - it's only on your record for ~3 years - and save the traffic school option for something more major.

Last I heard, your insurance company *should* not be able to jack your rates for less than 20 mph over the limit - but, watch out for a 2nd ticket in less than 2 years!
In NE there's no 'saving traffic school for something major'. We have 2 types of classes, STOP (4hr) and STAR(8hr). One is minor and the other is major. As far as rates going up, when the policy renews, the insurance company checks the DMV records and adjusts the surcharges based on that. I'd be surprised if the company would look away for ANY infraction on the driver's license. I think the flexibility that they have on rates is when it comes to claims where they can chose to ignore a claim you made for fixing hail damage since you've been a good customer in the past.

For the OP, I would say use it or lose it. If you can take the class every X years, then you might as well use it up and watch your speed and try to get it dismissed when you have no other option.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

Sadly, today will be donating to the involuntary tax, the new CASHCOW of CA and lose a day for traffic school. AAA told me premium will go up $300-400 per year for 3 years with just 1 point on licence.

Even more sad is the adjustments in the driving style, the compromise and the lack of freedom to roam freely on the streets for the next 18 months. Haha. The ticket buster services will be next.

Thanks everyone for your 2 cents!!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

sorry to hear bro.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Senior Members

Well, I've lost 5 months to procastination and busy at work amongst other commitments (say Lakers play-off run) to NOT attend traffic school. It could have been 13 more months to qualify for traffic school for the next moving violation. Time is too valuable to waste on 8 hours for TS. WTF !?!?!?
Old 06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

Online traffic school was less painful than I thought. Took about 2.5 hours from registration to done. Next.....
Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by G530
Sadly, today will be donating to the involuntary tax, the new CASHCOW of CA and lose a day for traffic school. AAA told me premium will go up $300-400 per year for 3 years with just 1 point on licence.

Even more sad is the adjustments in the driving style, the compromise and the lack of freedom to roam freely on the streets for the next 18 months. Haha. The ticket buster services will be next.

Thanks everyone for your 2 cents!!

Yep even with one point your premiums will go up in CA. Thats what happened to my AAA insurance three points ago (see it always could be worse). Luckily all mine go bye bye in Oct.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Here's the best advice I can give anyone. I have a lot of experience.
Act dumb and keep you mouth shut.
Be polite and answer with Yes/No.

First you won't incriminate yourself. Second, chances are that you wont be remembered. Law enforcement officers take notes to help them remember things should they need to go to court. Don't do anything to make you stand out that way their notes are poor and they cannot testify with certainty.

Officers are people that demand authority. So give them what they want, to be in control.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Members

I have to agree with the comment regarding a scapegoat ticket. I was going a wee bit fast on the 5 in my new-to-me 550i when I got tagged by a laser. We saw each other at the same time. I pulled to the right at 55mph and waited for him. He saw I had forgotten to put on my tags. It was a $15-or-so ticket. He told me to slow down because others would pull in front of me.

550i rules!

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket code 22349 in CA