E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Speeding Ticket code 22349 in CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 550I Alpine White Black Leather CPO

Hi,
Guys I am a Independent Business Associate for Legal Shield Reason I'm posting this is to save you time and money with Insurance and other issues - We give you access to Attorneys across the U.S in every state and they will go to court for you if your ticket is beat able or at least drop the fine so no points go on your record - As in my case was coming from Vegas and got a ticket 89 mph and contact law firm in Ca and the attorney handled it and got the fine reduced and paid 76.00 fine and no points on on driving record all handled by mail no court appearance .membership cost for Legal shield 36$ a month well worth the investment in covers many other issues and you have access to the Attorneys 24/7 also
Motor Vehicle Services
Available 15 days after enrollment
Available only if member has a valid driver's license and is driving a properly licensed personal motor vehicle
Moving traffic violations
Accidents: Help with defense for charges of manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, negligent homicide, or vehicular homicide
Damage recovery, driver's license issues and personal legal Injury assistance

here is my contact info if you have questions - James buckle- jb@jamesbuckle.com -949.246.7996-www.jamesbuckle.com

Not trying to advertise just trying to save you money and time
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Of course you are not trying to advertise! :thumbsdown:
Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

You are guys lucky to have 80 mph in 65 mph and no reckless driving. If you do same in VA it's reckless driving and 6 points, and 10 years or 12 years record.
VA is f... up state with stupid law, and trying to screw you over for money and DDL.
I think some pr...k who was governor at that time when that law had effected, had hated drivers for some reason.
We have 3 points, 4 points and 6 points violations and reckless driving it is misdemeanor so you can go to jail! So tell me know if it's not f.... up when for 20 mph over speed limit go to jail!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

If it's the points you're trying to avoid why not just go to Traffic School? Doesn't that keep points off your DMV record and keeps your insurance rates from rising?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by gwf545
Request traffic school. You can do it on line. You will get a notice in the mail that will let you do that. You will still have to pay the fine, but no points will be entered against you.

You don't need to request it, you just register, take the traffic school class (should be 8 hrs for speeding) then take the receipt to court and they credit you with it. (ask me how I know :thumbsdown: )
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6 speed Manual

reckless for 15 over.....WTF!!!!! unreal....move out of there.

Originally Posted by phlfly
You are guys lucky to have 80 mph in 65 mph and no reckless driving. If you do same in VA it's reckless driving and 6 points, and 10 years or 12 years record.
VA is f... up state with stupid law, and trying to screw you over for money and DDL.
I think some pr...k who was governor at that time when that law had effected, had hated drivers for some reason.
We have 3 points, 4 points and 6 points violations and reckless driving it is misdemeanor so you can go to jail! So tell me know if it's not f.... up when for 20 mph over speed limit go to jail!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

Originally Posted by response_surface
reckless for 15 over.....WTF!!!!! unreal....move out of there.
That' s I want do.
The people should to write letter to Governor everyday to change this law.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

I used Mr. Ticket a few times. He never got me off on any of my speeding tickets, but he did get me traffic school 3 times in 1 year. Still have a clean driving record for my insurance
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by SD5Series
I used Mr. Ticket a few times. He never got me off on any of my speeding tickets, but he did get me traffic school 3 times in 1 year. Still have a clean driving record for my insurance
What the, how is that possible? Secondary traffic school? Otherwise isn't traffic school once every 18 months?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Ricapar
Not sure if I can help with getting out of the ticket, but maybe some tips if it ever arises again...

Fyi: Not lawyer, not legal advice, etc, etc. Passing along what I've been taught by others.

That was your mistake right there. Never admit guilt on the spot! That can be decided in a courtroom if need be. It can be a bit tougher now to fight the ticket because if you do show up to the court hearing and plead not-guilty, the officer will take out his notebook and say "Mr. G530 said ..blah blah blah.., acknowledging he was knowingly going 15mph over the posted speed limit". That probably won't help you too much.

Obviously though, don't lie to the officer. If you were obviously going 80, and he paced/rader/lasered you at 80, and you insist you're going 65.. some cops won't be too trilled with you and/or get annoyed.
Don't play down the truth either. If you're asked how fast you're going and you say "um... 68?" (you were actually going 75) when the speed limit is 65.. 68 is still > 65, and you just admitted to being guilty of speeding.

I've been pulled over only once... I'm still kicking myself over it. It was around 11 PM on the NJ turnpike, very few cars around, so everyone was going pretty fast. (75-80.. some 90+). For the record.. speed limit in that section was a measly 55mph. I was keeping up with traffic. However, in that traffic was a cop, which I noticed. I slowed down a bit to 75ish.. which ended up with me near the back of the pack. Of course, the cop circles around, freaking bright lights go on, etc. Convo went kinda like this:
  • Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
  • Me: I'm not sure, sir.. why?
  • Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?
  • Me: I wasn't paying too much attention to the speedometer - it's dark outside and I was paying more attention to the road. I was keeping up with traffic.
  • Cop: Well, I paced you at 75. Do you know what the speed limit here is?
  • Me: I see, ok. I believe it's 65.
  • Cop: It's actually 55. So that's 20 miles over the speed limit I got you at.
  • (minor note... NJ turnpike is funky, and some areas are 65, some are 55. To my recollection, the last sign I had seen was one saying 65. Further up ahead was one that said 55, so the officer was correct in this note)
He went back, checked my license/registration/etc. At one point he also asked if I had any points, I said no (I didn't - never been pulled over or anything before). Also, before he went back with my papers, he also casually said I could roll up the windows (I had both front windows down at the time). I have a suspicion this was to check for tints. I didn't have any, and I was mildly chilly out, so I did. If you do have tints.. think for a bit first. It's a gamble. Cops often look for scape-goat tickets. Stuff like tints, over-sized license plate covers, loud exhausts. Minor things that won't impact your insurance/give points/etc, and are usually a < $100 fine you just pay online.

Anyways - cop comes back, gives me a 1 min thing about how I should be watching what my speedometer says, and that since I have a clear license and history, he'll be letting me off with a ticket for "Disrupting Traffic". Which ironically... usually means you're going too slow or holding people back.

but again, moral of the story: Don't admit guilt! Notice how some of the cop's questions are worded.. Makes it very easy for a nervous person to admit to breaking the law. Also, be respectful, don't argue. You don't have to agree or say everything he/she said is correct, just acknowledge you understood what was said.
I agree on most points, however, unless he was a total dick to the cop, it is highly unlikely that the cop will remember anything beyond what he wrote on the ticket.

I got off once by actually asking questions (in court) that seemed stupid at first, but were instrumental in proving to the judge that the cop had no actual recollection of what happened when he stopped me. For instance, I asked what shade of blue my car was (it was dark blue, and he couldn't remember it), how many passengers were in my car (he didn't recollect, I had two), and how did he first notice me (he replied that he saw me zig zag in and out of traffic). Later, I said "Isn't it true that you told me that you saw me entering the highway like a bat out of hell?" To which he replied: "Oh yeah, now I remember, you did in fact come in from the entrance ramp like a bat out of hell." Then I calmly looked at him and said "a few minutes ago, you stated that you first noticed me because I was zig zagging in and out of traffic; now you changed your story by saying that you first saw me entering the highway like a bat out of hell. Why did you first state that you saw me zig zagging in and out of traffic?" To my disbelief he replied: "Oh, I thought you were someone else."

Jackpot! This is exactly what I was hoping he would say. At this point I turned to the judge and calmy told him: "Your honor, given the fact that the trooper came to your court unprepared and without a clear recollection of the day's events having changed his initial version of the event, I respectfully ask that you dismiss the ticked based on the incompetency of the witness."

To my and everybody else's astonishment the judge looked at me and said "I have to agree with you." Then he looked at the cop and said "I would expect you to be better prepared when you come to my court, charge dismissed."

I swear, it was like a scene right out of a TV show. The other defendants in court were all smiling and were giving me the thumbs up. Someone even asked me on the way out if I were a lawyer (no, I am not).

Anyway, my point is that when you go to court, you should actively question the cop. It is your right to question your accuser. See if you can prove that he doesn't remember what really happened. Ask to see the radar gun, ask to see his calibration papers for the radar gun or the speedometer. Don't just sit there and make passive comments like "I was just following traffic." Judges don't care about that, but they do care if the cop cannot answer your most basic questions.

Anyway, I wish we had the driving school option in Mass., but unfortunately we do not.

Good luck to the OP. Read up on how to question a cop when you go to court. This is how I won my case. There are plenty of web sites with this valuable advice.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket code 22349 in CA