E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Special Treatment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Do you ever feel you get a little better treatment or obviously noticed by people when you pull up to an event? I notice this much more with my BMW 550i vs. my prior Infiniti 06? FX35 and ?04 model Nissan Maxima. Now, every time I drive down South Beach I always have valet guys jumping out at me to park my car. Just the other day I took one of my GF?s to see a movie. We pull in valet which I?ve done in the past, but this time I only had on my bright mTec V2 AE?s and 6000k HID fogs screaming ? no headlights! I get out and then my ?Eye-Candy? GF gets out. I got my RPI Exhaust doing its thing and my new VMR v710?s just-a shining. Compared to the past movie valet parking, this time the guy offers to park it up front with the ?Primo? cars. I was already having a good day and the offer made me feel even better so I took him up on it. Of course I had to cough up $10 extra bills, but like Ice Cube said, ?It was a good day.? After the movie I go outside and right in front of my car is a black Rolls-Royce Phantom and other cars I would gladly give up my ?Eye-Candy? GF for in a heartbeat. Back to reality, all I can say is my BMW makes me feel good every time I peek out the window, walk by her, wash her and definitely EVERY TIME I hit the gas pedal. I never thought I would own one, but I?m glad I do now.

All accounts are true and there were no GF's hurt or traded during the making of this topic.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Hopefully, the joke was not on you

Special Treatment?-richardedsonferrisbuell.jpg
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

No, I didn't have any extra miles on it or anything stolen from her. No bumps or bruises either. Other than the cold, rain and getting that snowflake symbol at 37 f degrees, it was truly a good day.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by KREED_550i' post='1088362' date='Jan 11 2010, 05:27 PM
Do you ever feel you get a little better treatment or obviously noticed by people when you pull up to an event? I notice this much more with my BMW 550i vs. my prior Infiniti 06? FX35 and ?04 model Nissan Maxima. Now, every time I drive down South Beach I always have valet guys jumping out at me to park my car. Just the other day I took one of my GF?s to see a movie. We pull in valet which I?ve done in the past, but this time I only had on my bright mTec V2 AE?s and 6000k HID fogs screaming ? no headlights! I get out and then my ?Eye-Candy? GF gets out. I got my RPI Exhaust doing its thing and my new VMR v710?s just-a shining. Compared to the past movie valet parking, this time the guy offers to park it up front with the ?Primo? cars. I was already having a good day and the offer made me feel even better so I took him up on it. Of course I had to cough up $10 extra bills, but like Ice Cube said, ?It was a good day.? After the movie I go outside and right in front of my car is a black Rolls-Royce Phantom and other cars I would gladly give up my ?Eye-Candy? GF for in a heartbeat. Back to reality, all I can say is my BMW makes me feel good every time I peek out the window, walk by her, wash her and definitely EVERY TIME I hit the gas pedal. I never thought I would own one, but I?m glad I do now.

All accounts are true and there were no GF's hurt or traded during the making of this topic.

"one of your GF's? lol.. the "eye candy one" ?? lmfao.. honest, but still made me laugh, kudos kreed
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Contributors

You know Melimel, when I was typing this up I knew I was going to hear from you - lol. You still enjoying that exhaust? love mine!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Good story! So far I've only noticed special treatment from the GF who loves my car. She's been through my 2002 Sentra, bright red with fading bumpers and dented panels days so she's loving it now. Perfect since I got 6-speed manual too so I don't have to worry about her driving it off!

Considering your car did cost $60k+ new, you deserve that special treatment my friend! The M-Tech kit also helps since most people think it's an M5 from the front. I've had people look and then see their faces of disappointment as they don't see the matching M5 fenders as they drive by me. Surprisingly, the most attention and compliments I've gotten was in my Honda S2000, which included people yelling at me "nice car or sweet ride" on the highway rolling top-down.

We should start a thread on "Why I love my E60" or "Reasons why I know I love my E60". I've seen one of those in almost every other car forum.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by KREED_550i' post='1088362' date='Jan 11 2010, 05:27 PM
I would gladly give up my ?Eye-Candy? GF for in a heartbeat.
Don't forget to share with your buddies up in MA when that happens.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Contributors

LOL - Yeah, I figure the M tec Kit is the last mod I can do. Either that or a UpSolute CPU upgrade which would only get me 25-30 more whp I think.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KREED_550i' post='1088513' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:35 PM
LOL - Yeah, I figure the M tec Kit is the last mod I can do. Either that or a UpSolute CPU upgrade which would only get me 25-30 more whp I think.
If you ever decide to get the Mtech kit, I'll help you install it
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EV4530' post='1088541' date='Jan 11 2010, 09:13 PM
If you ever decide to get the Mtech kit, I'll help you install it
What's a rough estimate on a kit with paint, shipping and all the other fix'ens

Quick Reply: Special Treatment?