E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All, I have searched around the net and I have seem some posts regarding getting your system coded by a dealer after mucking about with an aftermarket aux-in setup but I can't find anything that is specific enough for my query.

I have an AUX in port in the rear - looks factory fitted and is available on the idrive menu.
I also have a "Bury Music" handfree kit that looks professionally installed (Just bought the car - love it -and it was in there). However, There is no Bass audio in the rear of the car for any input. The rest of the audio system sounds very good.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be the cause or if it is normal? Furthermore, if it isn't does anyone have any remedies (DIY if poss).

One last thing, in the centre console between the two front seats, below the phone holder and in the main compartment there is a slidy-uppy thing at the bottom front that exposes a hole when lifted - is this a screw with a dustcover or is it something cool?

Many thanks,

Shaun.

Ps. Top quality forum by the way.
Pps. I didn't post this in the Handsfree / bluetooth section of the forum as I am unsure if the bury is the culprit or not sorry.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you looking for the bass or info on where to plug-in your bass in the trunk? Stock Bass on E60's or least on mine is under the front seats. To plug-in your bass you need to remove the trunk trim to find the good stuff.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Year, make, model? Logic7 or not?

Slidy uppy thing? You mean the arm rest that slides forward? If so I think the covered hole is just that, a covered hole - looks like an aux input could be retrofitted there although the dealer seems to prefer the glove box (or at least they did in my setup).

Subs are located under the front seats and adjust levels through the idrive.

Not sure I understand your question so I am sure I have not hit on anything useful for you yet...
Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Jaspernet
One last thing, in the centre console between the two front seats, below the phone holder and in the main compartment there is a slidy-uppy thing at the bottom front that exposes a hole when lifted - is this a screw with a dustcover or is it something cool?
I think the hole you're referring to is just a vent for cooling the centre console space. I saw that in the manual.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by JeffCharger
I think the hole you're referring to is just a vent for cooling the centre console space. I saw that in the manual.
Good call... bottom front is indeed an air vent to cool your things.