E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sound coming from front brakes or suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone experienced a sound that is sort of like "oooooh" coming from the front when turning?

I have had this issue for the past year and have taken in to service 4 times. First time, they believed it was the front brakes and changed front and rear. Second time, they took brakes off and chamfered and cleaned off pads and rotors of brake dust. Third time, rode with shop foremand and he told me sound was because I had new computer version upgrade due to "transmission slam" and new version had a safety feature that brakes contact rotor at slow speed (self cleaning?). Fouth time, they couldn't replicate noise and took brakes apart and cleaned.

I believe the reason they keep checking the brakes is because that's what they told me originally and so that's where I tell them the noise is coming from.

I did have the error message about a year ago that said something like "steering malfunction". Took it in and they put in steering fluid. Believe the noise issue started happening after that. Could it be something with the steering system as the sound only occurs when turning?