E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Something more painfull than awating ED re-deliver

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by Member545' date='Jun 23 2005, 09:10 PM
My wife has only tried to drive it once. We had both kids in the back and I was in the passenger seat. She started it with her foot on the gas instead of the brake. I almost had a heart attack as the revs went up to 5K in neutral. The car only had about 500 miles on it at the time. She jerked the clutch a little pulling out of the driveway and my 4 year old yelled out, "lets go back and get the van". A short while later, after constant abuse from the kids my wife pulled over and I drove. As I pulled out from the curb my daughter said "That's better" Ever since she takes the Odyssey.
[snapback]142599[/snapback]

I could tell the exact same story, even down to the Odyssey as the second car.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by robg' date='Jun 24 2005, 06:16 AM
[quote name='Member545' date='Jun 23 2005, 09:10 PM']My wife has only tried to drive it once. We had both kids in the back and I was in the passenger seat. She started it with her foot on the gas instead of the brake. I almost had a heart attack as the revs went up to 5K in neutral. The car only had about 500 miles on it at the time. She jerked the clutch a little pulling out of the driveway and my 4 year old yelled out, "lets go back and get the van". A short while later, after constant abuse from the kids my wife pulled over and I drove. As I pulled out from the curb my daughter said "That's better" Ever since she takes the Odyssey.
[snapback]142599[/snapback]

I could tell the exact same story, even down to the Odyssey as the second car.
[snapback]142701[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yup me too...Odyssey as second car...great car for wifey (and me too sometimes)
Old 06-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well she made it home. The car is just as when she took it except for some road grime(she knows better than to wash it) and a few finger prints.

She was freaking out because she thougt there was a stone chip on the rocker panel since she had to go over a gravel section( they tore up the road after she passed it on the way into the park). It turns out she was looking at the little triange indicating the jack point. I gotta giver her credit she was really looking carefully.

Her friends were complaning "how come we have to park way out here".

I'd say she's a keeper.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

You are a better man than I. As a passenger my wife locked the I-Drive twice in the first week in Europe. She is skilled at locking up anything electronic, including the computer, cell phone, my Blackberry, and the I-Drive. If the electronic device does not instantly do what it should, she has a knee jerk reaction to rapidly punch buttons or commands somewhat out of frustration. I would never leave a hammer next to our home computer because she might try to fix the computer. I only let her drive my 545 as a last resort.