E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Something more painfull than awating ED re-deliver

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found something more painfull than awating ED re-delivery...

My wife took the car for only the 2nd time and is going on a Day trip with her girlfriends. Nightmare images are running through my head. Who knows what her friends will do to my baby. Leaning on the car and scrathing the paint. Draggig thier bag across the trunk opening messing up the bumper... Oh the horror.

I keep telling myself I love my wife, It's only a car, everything will be OK. But then I relaize I am only kidding my self.

Today is the one year anniversary of my ED re-delivery.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Embedding french fries into the floor, rashing the wheels, low octane fuel, following gravel trucks, door dings, . . . The list goes on and on.

You may need to self-medicate to get through the day.

Hang in there.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

I feel for you!
My g/f has only driven mine once, and for good reason
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Curb rash on the wheels is a very likely outcome.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Goog luck getting it back in one piece (not to scare of you or anything)
Old 06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Exclamation

Originally Posted by noonehome' date='Jun 23 2005, 08:46 AM
I have found something more painfull than awating ED re-delivery...

My wife took the car for only the 2nd time and is going on a Day trip with her girlfriends. Nightmare images are running through my head. Who knows what her friends will do to my baby. Leaning on the car and scrathing the paint. Draggig thier bag across the trunk opening messing up the bumper... Oh the horror.

I keep telling myself I love my wife, It's only a car, everything will be OK. But then I relaize I am only kidding my self.

Today is the one year anniversary of my ED re-delivery.
[snapback]142385[/snapback]

If you're wife makes more than you and shares the wealth kiss it to god.

FYI, for you other guys don't let your girlfriend drive your ride unless you know for sure she's a keeper. (But in life there are no guarantees)

If she's your "girlfriend" and wrecks or damages your car today or the next and you guys break up either now or later. Who's left holding the bag? YOU.

In any case the only people who should be driving YOUR car is you, the service tech, or your parents (dunno about this one) NEVER the in-laws.

My apologies for the philosophical post!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Curb rash is likely as is a scraped front bumper from pulling too far into a parking space and hitting the sidewalk and/or hitting a parking space bump stop / Also may have food/drink issues...what are you going to do to make it up to "your baby????" Maybe new wheels, m-kit etc...
Old 06-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The worst thing I might find is the contraceptive stuff.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

My wife has only tried to drive it once. We had both kids in the back and I was in the passenger seat. She started it with her foot on the gas instead of the brake. I almost had a heart attack as the revs went up to 5K in neutral. The car only had about 500 miles on it at the time. She jerked the clutch a little pulling out of the driveway and my 4 year old yelled out, "lets go back and get the van". A short while later, after constant abuse from the kids my wife pulled over and I drove. As I pulled out from the curb my daughter said "That's better" Ever since she takes the Odyssey.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by Member545' date='Jun 23 2005, 10:10 PM
My wife has only tried to drive it once. We had both kids in the back and I was in the passenger seat. She started it with her foot on the gas instead of the brake. I almost had a heart attack as the revs went up to 5K in neutral. The car only had about 500 miles on it at the time. She jerked the clutch a little pulling out of the driveway and my 4 year old yelled out, "lets go back and get the van". A short while later, after constant abuse from the kids my wife pulled over and I drove. As I pulled out from the curb my daughter said "That's better" Ever since she takes the Odyssey.
[snapback]142599[/snapback]

ROFL!

Quick Reply: Something more painfull than awating ED re-deliver