E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sold my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Hi everyone!!

Well i sold my car today, totally out of the blue.. I was offered $21k for my 2006 530xi (83k miles) with the ac schnitzer body kit. I picked up an Alpine white turbo charged 335 coupe dinan the car is sick. I'm getting it tomorrow at around 2 so pictures will follow.

The reason for my post it doesn't have an ipod interface that i could see so I wanted to know if i unplug the bmw interface thats in my e60 will it cause any messages in the idrive that it was disconnected. Are there any steps I should take?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Contributors

If you remove the iPod adapter you also want to remove the fiber optic cables and the power leads as you will need those to plug into the new car. Did you install the adapter? if not then I imagine my suggestion will sound a bit cryptic to you. Hopefully someone will chime in and attach an installation guide pointing you to the items I mentioned. Keep in mind that if the 335 does not have a factory CDC, you will need to have coding done to open the CDC/iPod option on the iDrive menu.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

congrats! Now u can get HID angel eyes!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by iCharles
If you remove the iPod adapter you also want to remove the fiber optic cables and the power leads as you will need those to plug into the new car. Did you install the adapter? if not then I imagine my suggestion will sound a bit cryptic to you. Hopefully someone will chime in and attach an installation guide pointing you to the items I mentioned. Keep in mind that if the 335 does not have a factory CDC, you will need to have coding done to open the CDC/iPod option on the iDrive menu.

Thanks for your reply.. yes i installed the interface so it just a matter of me unplugging the interface. Which I hope does throw off any codes on the idrive. Thanks again

Jil
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
congrats! Now u can get HID angel eyes!!!

haha I will be contacting you about lighting etc. My new car is modded already when I pick it up I'll check to see what lights it has in it. Do you know if the idrive will come up with a message saying the ipod interface was removed?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Congrats Jil! I can't wait to see the new beast on the road.