E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Software V19.1 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Has anyone else had this problem. When I brought my car in for a 15K service and they updated the software to V19 and then V19.1, my radio starting going mute for 10 Seconds randomly every 5 - 10 Minutes.

It has been back to the garage several times and it has not been solved.

If you also have had this problem, tell me about your experience and if you have been able to solve it.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Members

Interesting, I had this problem develop with v16.x software after many moths of satisfactory operation and solved when v19.x was installed a couple of weeks ago to allow mp3 playback!

Just may be a case of recoding with v19.1 again?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Is there a information site from BMW or forum explaining what's the fix for each software version??

It seems like BMW have new version every other week, and use us to test their software. BMW become Microsoft
Old 10-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

This is a known problem and there is a TSB out for this

Its apparenly a glitch with them reactivating RDS.
Temporary fix is to have RDS switched off untill they fix it in the next software update
Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Oct 25 2005, 10:54 AM
Is there a information site from BMW or forum explaining what's the fix for each software version??

It seems like BMW have new version every other week, and use us to test their software.? BMW become Microsoft
[snapback]188451[/snapback]
Fixes are listed on this site by a couple of us when they come out.

Updates are every few months

Car actually runs microsoft software
Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Just got 19.1 today, and now the LED lights are working again.. But the bluetooth dosen't work now ! :thumbsdown:

So now BMW wants to change my bluetooth box in the car, because I always have problems with the bluetooth after a software upgrade!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Oct 25 2005, 10:54 AM
...BMW become Microsoft
[snapback]188451[/snapback]
No. More like Cisco.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Oct 25 2005, 02:26 PM
This is a known problem and there is a TSB out for this

Its apparenly a glitch with them reactivating RDS.
Temporary fix is to have RDS switched off untill they fix it in the next software update
[snapback]188518[/snapback]
When you say switched off...are you referring the dealer switching off the ability to download the feature, because I do not even use the RDS. It is basically useless as far as I am concerned. It does not even show the artist or name of the song when you are in Preset Mode.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Contributors

I had this problem right after getting 19.01 (which is what I assume you mean by 19.1 as 19.01 is the latest in BMW's TIS - anyway...). I left the car sitting unstarted for a few days and since then I don't think I've had a single recurrence. I have however had two times when my warning chime (fasten seatbelts, speed limit exceeded, key in ignition, etc.) has stopped working, as if it was muted. A bit of a wait and a restart fixed it. Yesterday my iDrive would not shut off even when I stopped the car and removed the key, so I rebooted it and it's been okay since. I only got an software update because I was in to get my Active Steering/Active Roll hydraulic system cooler replaced, otherwise I don't think I would have bothers as I only had nit pick complaints that were software related. One other thing, I had a Bluetooth phonebook sync anomaly this morning (updated the phone's phonebook last night) but it recovered on the next ignition cycle.

Ah, the joys of robust, rigorously test software. Not.

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Oct 25 2005, 08:00 AM
Has anyone else had this problem.? When I brought my car in for a 15K service and they updated the software to V19 and then V19.1, my radio starting going mute for 10 Seconds randomly every 5 - 10 Minutes.

It has been back to the garage several times and it has not been solved.

If you also have had this problem, tell me about your experience and if you have been able to solve it.

Thanks?
[snapback]188422[/snapback]
Old 10-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Members

I had the update on my 06 for sveral issues (high bat drain, window malfunction, SOS malfunction, etc.)3 weeks ago. I still get high batt drain every morning, and now the volume on the radio goes in and out. I first thought I was losing signal until it did it when I had a CD in.

One positive note. Since the update, my Lawyer's screen shuts off automatically after 5 seconds. Yeah!!

Quick Reply: Software V19.1 Upgrade