E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Software upgrade in Canada??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW White 545i w/ Premium, Sport, Dynamic Handling Package

i am the new owner of 545i since 2 weeks ago. the car had been great except i experience 2 common problem for my car. one is upshifting from 1st gear to 2nd gear it sometimes has to rev up to 3000rpm in order to shift into 2nd gear. it sometimes happens when i was in parking lot, it sounds so stupid cuz it's goin to be hard to rev up to 3000rpm in a parking lot. 30km/hr in the parkin lot is crazy.
2nd problem is the window squeaking sound during driving, but i had read the forum say there should be some kind of chemical can be applied to remove the sound.

i call my sales couple days ago askin about if they have new software upgrade in vancouver, they said we currently have none. what da hell, this is a common problem on 545 and BMW Canada has nothing to fix it. i don't think it's that hard to get new version program to Canada. They should be aware of this problem in states already, that's why they keep updating new software. how come we in canada had been left out.

is it possible to drive my car down to Seattle like some where close to Vancouver to let the state BMW dealer to upgrade it for me?

my car is a white 545i with steptronic, premium, sport and dynamic handling package, NO NAVI. i was goin to get a fully load white 545i, but they had been search in all Canada. there is no fully load white 545i, only last white one which is my car has everythin except Navi. too bad didn't get the navi, but so far i am still happy to get my first Bimmer.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

It's my understanding the you can only be serviced in Canada, not the US. BMW Canada and BMW North Amercia (aka USA) are different and won't allow it ... perhaps for breakdowns, but not normal servicing (I could be wrong, but I remember being told that or reading it somewhere)
Old 06-23-2005, 04:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

PuRePLaYaZ

Try a different dealer. Software upgrade is available in Canada.

I'm in Toronto and I had a software upgrade done 1.5months ago to version 16.2
The dealer did the carboflo thing for the door seals problem but the noise came back only a few days later. They also did the Bluetooth retrofit for a small fee. And didn't charge me for activating the AUX input.

I booked another appointment for next week and the service advisor ordered new door seals and plan to do another software upgrade to 17.? to correct a "lazy acceleration" issue.

I only have the 'rev to 3000' problem once in awhile...and it's not as irratating as the lazy acceleration when on the highway.

So, software upgrade is available in Canada...though the version may be 2-3 weeks behind the US. Call up BMW Canada and ask them whether there's a "Corporate Store" in your area.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by yogibear458' date='Jun 23 2005, 06:43 AM
PuRePLaYaZ

Try a different dealer.? Software upgrade is available in Canada.

I'm in Toronto and I had a software upgrade done 1.5months ago to version 16.2
The dealer did the carboflo thing for the door seals problem but the noise came back only a few days later.? They also did the Bluetooth retrofit for a small fee.? And didn't charge me for activating the AUX input.

I booked another appointment for next week and the service advisor ordered new door seals and plan to do another software upgrade to 17.? to correct a "lazy acceleration" issue.?

I only have the 'rev to 3000' problem once in awhile...and it's not as irratating as the lazy acceleration when on the highway.

So, software upgrade is available in Canada...though the version may be 2-3 weeks behind the US.? Call up BMW Canada and ask them whether there's a "Corporate Store" in your area.
[snapback]142346[/snapback]
My car is already on 17.x ... in Edmonton
Old 06-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Members

omg even edmonton has the latest version, i wonder how come i can't get a upgrade in Vancouver.
guess i will try to phone in another 2 dealers in Vancouver to see if they have anything for my baby.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver grey MY05 530i steptronic, premium and navigation package, and HUD

Originally Posted by PuRePLaYaZ' date='Jun 23 2005, 12:28 PM
omg even edmonton has the latest version, i wonder how come i can't get a upgrade in Vancouver.
guess i will try to phone in another 2 dealers in Vancouver to see if they have anything for my baby.
[snapback]142479[/snapback]
which dealer are you with in Vancouver??
Old 06-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Members

ok great, i just went into another dealer autowest. the tech guy told he has CIP 17.01 for me ready to install on Jul. 5th. by the time the thing they will also have the chemical stuff to apply to my window to remove the squeakin sound.

i had asked the guy about the software upgraded will let my transmission runs smoothly than ever as everyone mentioned on the board. he told me the software has nothing to do wit the transmission, but it will solve the harsh downshift problem. he also mentioned that it's not only happened on 545i owners. he told me not to too believe in forum rumors. how ironic it is ehh. anyway, i will get my software update then report here if the problem has been solved or not. we will know who is right.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Members

i bought my car at brian jessel but the sales told me they don't have any new software to update. so i went to autowest today, and they told me they already has CIP17.01 here. can't wait to get my car update.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Members

I got my 545 from Brian Jessel in April 05 and had to bring it back to fix an active steering malfunction two days later.

Two weeks later and after some complaining the car was fixed and my software was updated to a version that my bluetooth was activated.

I don't know what version I am at but the same transmission roughness you have seemed to be corrected after I got my car back and I did not even mention that as a problem.

Hope that helps you.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Smellinor' date='Jun 23 2005, 06:12 PM
I got my 545 from Brian Jessel in April 05 and had to bring it back to fix an active steering malfunction two days later.

Two weeks later and after some complaining the car was fixed and my software was updated to a version that my bluetooth was activated.

I don't know what version I am at but the same transmission roughness you have seemed to be corrected after I got my car back and I did not even mention that as a problem.

Hope that helps you.
[snapback]142600[/snapback]

what's wrong with your active steering?

DO WE HAVE BLUETOOTH IN CANADA, i thought we don't have it. but i saw the reception bar at the bottom of the screen (non-navi), i started to wondering if there is bluetooth in my car. look into idrive, i can't find anything about bluetooth.

Quick Reply: Software upgrade in Canada??