E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Software update

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A 520 D, Steptronic, june 2006, Black Sapphire, Black Excusive leather, Bi-Xenon, Adaptive headlights, Sound System, Navi-Pro, High Gloss Shadow Line, Sun Protection Glass, M-Sport steering wheel, Auto-Dim int + Folding Ext mirrors, Rear side airbags, Anthracite Headlining, Automatic Air Conditioning Advanced

My car(520da) had a SW-update today. This morning, i talked to the guy, who installs the software, if he could check if there's a way, to fold the side-mirrors while locking-up the car. He told me that i was the first guy, who ever asked him this. He wasn't sure if that was possible in an E60. And guess what. He did an excellent job, now they're folding after holding the close-knob a bit longer. My first impression with the new SW, is, that the car drives smoother. I had the feeling that there's less of the " turbo-gap" under 2000 rpm.Maybe this is a subjective impression, i don't know. I wonder if my wife will notice it too, i haven't told her this. I will check later what SW-version i have now.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525i

Originally Posted by Kazimierz' post='386315' date='Feb 1 2007, 07:42 PM
My car(520da) had a SW-update today. This morning, i talked to the guy, who installs the software, if he could check if there's a way, to fold the side-mirrors while locking-up the car. He told me that i was the first guy, who ever asked him this. He wasn't sure if that was possible in an E60. And guess what. He did an excellent job, now they're folding after holding the close-knob a bit longer. My first impression with the new SW, is, that the car drives smoother. I had the feeling that there's less of the " turbo-gap" under 2000 rpm.Maybe this is a subjective impression, i don't know. I wonder if my wife will notice it too, i haven't told her this. I will check later what SW-version i have now.
i forgot to ask for the folding side-mirrors (i thought they are standard in BE version -as far as i remmember there was no such an option to choose). is it possible mine side-mirrors could also fold (is it possible to find out if el.motors are inside).

and how do you check which version of software you have?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 520d carbon black M tech with black leather, xenons + exclusive line option pack

Originally Posted by Kazimierz' post='386315' date='Feb 1 2007, 07:42 PM
Hello,

Is your car the 150 HP version ? Maybe he programmed the 163 HP software into the car :-)
As for the folding side mirrors, this is an option you can choose (or the previous owner if you bought it second hand).
I think it's around 200 ? and you get auto dimming side mirrors as well...

greetz
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Either you have the side folding mirrows or not.

The same goes with the 520d 150 vs. the 163 hp engine.

Sorry guys, hold your horses!

I.e. you dont't get the Windows Vista only by update!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by brakki' post='386324' date='Feb 1 2007, 07:25 PM
As for the folding side mirrors, this is an option you can choose (or the previous owner if you bought it second hand).
I think it's around 200 ? and you get auto dimming side mirrors as well...
Here that option is ?665...
Saucy isn't it...
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Members

My Ride: A 520 D, Steptronic, june 2006, Black Sapphire, Black Excusive leather, Bi-Xenon, Adaptive headlights, Sound System, Navi-Pro, High Gloss Shadow Line, Sun Protection Glass, M-Sport steering wheel, Auto-Dim int + Folding Ext mirrors, Rear side airbags, Anthracite Headlining, Automatic Air Conditioning Advanced

Sorry for not being specific enough, first i only could fold my side-mirrors by pushing the buttom manually in the doorpanel. And now they fold or unfold when i lock or unlock the car, using my carkey.