E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So I have picked it up

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='214594
Only had it an hour and already I have had some lunatic jumping out of his car and asking 'what are you looking at!!!' , can i expect to continue to experience this. Is this E60 envy???
That's a new one for me.
Was it a chick? just kidding..but
a chick told me once "nice cage but I dont like the bird"

Until today that still in my head..can not get it out
[/quote]

Now that is wrong!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Members

Profile updated - I will post some pics as soon as I get chance. Looking forward to the TV/DVD mods I have got planned
Old 12-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DaveDunn' post='214604' date='Dec 22 2005, 09:45 PM
Profile updated - I will post some pics as soon as I get chance. Looking forward to the TV/DVD mods I have got planned
I picked mine up yesterday nothing like that happened to me when I filled it up I am pleased to say, having had a BMW before I look foward to not being let out of junctions etc...8-) I'll post some pic's soon needs a wash now so i'll wait till she's clean and then take some photo's. It's used and needs a good klay and wax session to get it looking nice

What spec did you get?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by forge197' post='214612
I picked mine up yesterday nothing like that happened to me when I filled it up I am pleased to say, having had a BMW before I look foward to not being let out of junctions etc...8-) I'll post some pic's soon needs a wash now so i'll wait till she's clean and then take some photo's. It's used and needs a good klay and wax session to get it looking nice

What spec did you get?
[/quote]

SAT NAV Pro, BlueTooth, Convenience pack, smoker pack (although will never be used) Service pack, CD multichanger, leather and some more I cant quite recall.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

Originally Posted by forge197' post='214612

What spec did you get?
[/quote]

Why don't you get let out of junctions?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330i Orient Blue exterior Beigh leather interior with Wood trim, Premium package, Steptronic auto, Xenon headlights.

haha you should have replied with something like "someone that's inferior to me" or "from what I see not much" LOL. NAH Don't do that so many crazy people now a days will just shot someone for something Irrelevant.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214637
Originally Posted by DaveDunn' post='214604' date='Dec 22 2005, 09:45 PM

What spec did you get?

[/quote]

Just find that people are more courteous when your not in a BMW It may be just a perception but I seem to get let out more in other Marques.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by forge197' post='214656
Originally Posted by forge197' post='214612' date='Dec 22 2005, 06:07 PM
[quote name='DaveDunn' post='214604' date='Dec 22 2005, 09:45 PM']

What spec did you get?

[/quote]

Just find that people are more courteous when your not in a BMW It may be just a perception but I seem to get let out more in other Marques.
[/quote]

In Britain people dislike other people who are successful, have a nice house, nice car etc - BMW drivers are targetted because drive a bimmer = successful.

Invariably the people who don't let you out at junctions etc drive a shitbox renault or citroen, losers.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:28 AM
Contributors

Similar thing here in Finland. I read somewhere that BMW is the most probable car to get vandalized, e.g. scratched when parked by the streetside downtown, or wheels punctured at parking lots.

There are people who have the perception that BMW drivers are arrogant yuppies...or they are just jealous...
Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

I don't know whether it's triggered by BMWs or, simply, they are asses, but I have been tailgaited much more in the past two years than ever before. I have heard others in standard-sized non-BMW cars say that they feel intimidated by these people in these over-blown pickup trucks with huge tires and raised suspensions.

I love to have them follow too closely onto a long curvy exit ramp that I use every day. I gradually increase speed, and so do they, clinging to my bumper, until they realize--too late--that they can't possibly hold their line through the fast sharp curve....If the sunroof is open, I wave goodbye.

In sum, I think it's a fairly new phenomenon that may well be BMW-related, but is more the result of their inferiority complex not being cured by their idiotic purchase of an oversized pig of a vehicle. I usually smile at them benevolently at the gas station. At 6 mpg, they deserve benevolence.

Cheers,
Ray Hull

Quick Reply: So I have picked it up