E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SO ANGRY

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rant: I brought my car in for an alignment, balance, and oil change. They give me (on the 2nd day) a nissan sentra loaner that had been smoked in because they were not finished and they wanted to give it a good "road test" (aka drive the shit outta my e60 lol, its okay, i beat up that sentra pretty good ).

I come in 3 days later (after I called my SA twice) and as I'm paying for the repairs/service, she goes... "oh yeah by the way, we damaged your rim but we fixed it." (WTF?! ) Do you really tell someone that AS you're paying?

So, I hold it in and hope that they actually fixed it and she was just making sure I knew...

I walk out and my brand new driver rear rim has 2 inch marks around the entire wheel (looked like from the machine they use to pull the wheel off). Some of the other rims had a few marks but it's not too bad...

One part of me wants to call up the manager and let him have it, and the other says well they will eventually get dinged and scratched up a little not worth the fight or... I could powder coat black.

Lesson: Don't go to Sonnen BMW in the Bay Area lol

Some people have suggested to ask for a discount on a future service but I don't even want to take it back there.

What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails SO ANGRY-1photo.jpg   SO ANGRY-2photo.jpg   SO ANGRY-4photo.jpg   SO ANGRY-photo.jpg   SO ANGRY-3photo.jpg  

Old 12-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

if i were you i would lose my mind and go crazy right there and not leave untill they fix or repace the rim
bad enough they gave you the junk loaner they damage your car
Old 12-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I would be equally pissed, but you will likely end up scratching them over time anyway.... It's always the first scratch that hurts the most!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wolf
I would be equally pissed, but you will likely end up scratching them over time anyway.... It's always the first scratch that hurts the most!
Exactly... I think ill just leave it alone but I'm DEFINITELY never going back. Horrible service.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i'm guessing the mechanic layed the wheels face down on the floor when he took them off. i'd say something, cause you should not get that kind of treatment at a dealer of all places.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

If I were you I would complain with BMW of North America, and make sure the Service Manager at the dealer is aware of it, AND demand the wheels are in the exact same condition they were when you dropped off the car, otherwise they should replace them.

If BMW of NA gets enough complaints about a specific dealership, they might eventually reassign the dealer rights to another owner.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

I would be livid, and the first call I'd make would be to BMW NA. Sure hope you get some satisfaction.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

I just emailed BMW NA, I'll probably call tomorrow.

Also I think I forgot to mention, I got them on the Dec. 23. That's what? 7 days? lol
Old 12-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by turboawd
i'm guessing the mechanic layed the wheels face down on the floor when he took them off. i'd say something, cause you should not get that kind of treatment at a dealer of all places.
Either that or if the marks are even all the way around it is from the clamps on the alignment machine.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

You need to have them fixed...That is unacceptable in my book...I would not take no for an answer!

Quick Reply: SO ANGRY