E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

smoke coming out the grill in traffic when its raining

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! 530i M Sport! I've been trying to sort this out with the dealer for weeks!! Had diagnostic, pressure test and they said it was probably the water evaporating off the radiator! In a way I believed this, but something inside me said this wasn't right for a Beamer, as I haven't seen this on any others! They couldn't believe it was streaming out and so I have to take it again next week where they are going to put a hose on it to replicate the rain lol!! It is embarrasing sitting at the lights and everyone pointing and looking, and then you just take off as if you don't care lol! I asked them if anybody else has moaned about it and they said nooo! Now I have seen this forum, phew what a relief! Guys at work take the michael by asking me how the steam engine is doing! And does it run on water? It did as well on a real frosty morning about a month ago! Cheers lads for posting this!!
Originally Posted by Dutch 530i
Got a good panic on this morning as I has a bit of smoke coming out from the front of the car while it was raining and I was sitting in traffic! Thought the car was starting to overheat but it wasn't, just rain dropping onto the hot metal parts and evaporating. Anyone else noticed this on beemers?