E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SMG acting weird?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

ACK~~ Sales called back today and said he talked to the mechanics and theres currently no software upgrade available...

So that means I just have to wait... wait till BMW releases one. if ever...
Old 01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Isn't it possible that something else is wrong with the car? If you're the only SMG car that does this regularly, I'll bet that something other than software is wrong.

Doesn't it make sense that other SMG members here have the same software as you but aren't experiencing the same problems?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jan 14 2005, 09:09 PM
Isn't it possible that something else is wrong with the car?? If you're the only SMG car that does this regularly, I'll bet that something other than software is wrong.?

Doesn't it make sense that other SMG members here have the same software as you but aren't experiencing the same problems?
[snapback]79308[/snapback]
Could be... thats a possibility... but what can I do? The mechanic said that its "probably" software problem but no update yet... he said to wait a little bit to see if theres a software release.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Did the tech check the latest TIS to see if your symptoms are documented anywhere or did he just assume you needed a software upgrade?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributors

I'll have to ask I dont know. Thanks for all your tips. Its helpful!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jan 15 2005, 12:09 AM
Isn't it possible that something else is wrong with the car?? If you're the only SMG car that does this regularly, I'll bet that something other than software is wrong.?

[snapback]79308[/snapback]
Your comment is only true if both his build date and software version are the same. The biggest problem BMW is having results from them changing suppliers or specs for hardware during the production run for the year. They don't know 100% how the software is going to interact with everything.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:40 AM
JDN
Contributors

Wish I could get in on this thread, but have never been exposed to the possibility of this problem since I always upshift with the paddles. Mr. 'putah handles some of the downshifts when I am doping off.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jan 15 2005, 09:40 AM
Wish I could get in on this thread, but have never been exposed to the possibility of this problem since I always upshift with the paddles. Mr. 'putah handles some of the downshifts when I am doping off.
[snapback]79378[/snapback]
Thanks for mentioning this, I never use Auto mode either except for two days a few weeks back when it snowed here, I took it off sport mode too. Maybe mine has this problem as well. Maybe thats why BMW is not hearing about this problem, we took a poll a few months back asking thoses with smg what mode did you drive in, I remember most were in manual mode. I'll try to find the post.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pennetta' date='Jan 15 2005, 06:44 AM
[quote name='JDN' date='Jan 15 2005, 09:40 AM']Wish I could get in on this thread, but have never been exposed to the possibility of this problem since I always upshift with the paddles. Mr. 'putah handles some of the downshifts when I am doping off.
Thanks for mentioning this, I never use Auto mode either except for two days a few weeks back when it snowed here, I took it off sport mode too. Maybe mine has this problem as well. Maybe thats why BMW is not hearing about this problem, we took a poll a few months back asking thoses with smg what mode did you drive in, I remember most were in manual mode. I'll try to find the post.
[snapback]79381[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exactlly! I too used Manual mode MOST of the time untill I reciently tried auto mode and noticed it changed to manual mode itself, from then on just for testing purposes I use auto more than manual just to see... and noticed it happens ALOT!!

I would appreciate it if you guys can try it out on your cars for me. drive a few days in auto mode and see if it changes to manual mode automatically.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pennetta' date='Jan 15 2005, 06:44 AM
[quote name='JDN' date='Jan 15 2005, 09:40 AM']Wish I could get in on this thread, but have never been exposed to the possibility of this problem since I always upshift with the paddles. Mr. 'putah handles some of the downshifts when I am doping off.
[snapback]79381[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ok I found your thread but its pretty old and there was only a few votes I dont want to bump it. Would you mind if I created a new poll asking almost the same questions and also asking people to try auto mode to see if they have the same problem?

Your thread is here

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=1988&hl=

Quick Reply: SMG acting weird?