E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Slowly time to say goodbye...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...I have already parted twice from my e60 but I stayed faithful to this forum by always buying another e60. But this time, it is slowly time to say goodbye. As some of you might have followed, I was looking at a 320 diesel coupe last week but finally finalized my orderd today for a facelifted 330d Automatic with the new 245hp engine. This is what I ordered:

330d, Automatic, alpine white, red-brown leather, piano trim, m-package, comfort package, active steering, pdc, int+ext mirror package, xenon, electric+memory seats, paddle shifters, seat heating, comfort access, logic 7, nav pro (with HD), usb, bluetooth, individual glazing and other small gadgets... Winter and summer tires on performance 269 or m225 19" wheels...

So why sell my new car afer 5 months - I think I was just bored of the 5 series: it was afterall my 3rd in 3 years. I think I just need a change. On top, i missed the active steering. So I was looking at the 320d manual intially but came across the 330d - performace figures were good (0-60 in 6 secs, 50-75 in less that 5 secs), and consumption is great (average 6,2l/100km). I am already looking forward to the go-kart feeling (19", active steering and power) of the e90...

My car is scheduled for delivery in about 10 weeks so I will definitely be lurking around. However, i have recently seen this week that my attention is now on the e90 forums gathering new info. However, I have to admit, this is by far the best car forum i have been/seen.

Thanks for everything - i have learnt alot here and I hope I was able to give something back to you guys...

Rumman
Old 10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Members

Congrats on the new purchase....

At least you stayed with BMW, would have been really bad if you had switched over to Daimler
Old 10-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Angelic0-' post='685358' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:13 AM
....if you had switched over to Daimler
ha ha - if at all, the A5 was a temptation but no decent diesel engine with a good automatic tranny is/was available...
Old 10-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Rumman, we'll miss you buddy!!! Post some pics of your new ride here when you take delivery and be sure to stop by to say hello to your e60 pals.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Ciao Amigo ! We'll miss you....

Cheers !
Old 10-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Congrats on the new toy. As stated, post some pics when you get the chance. Hope you stick with e60.net. Just because you're not in an e60 anymore doesn't mean you gotta leave See you around
Old 10-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Having driven the 3 series for the past 11 years, I can attest to the fact that the 5 and 3 are both in the same family, but live on different hemispheres. They are both fun to drive, but in my opinion, one can get a little more adventureous in the 3, while driving on the twistys. Lucky for me, I got to keep my E46 and thus I get to experience both worlds. I really cannot say that one is better than the other; they are both wonderful machines and you will enjoy your new ride. Congratulations on your new toy.

Joe
Old 10-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

3 new cars in 3 years.... you need a change for sure! Celebrating sustainability,

Cal
Old 10-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Just transferred the deposit 10 mins ago with online-banking - so I guess it is for real now

I am definitely looking forward to the smaller, powerful car - smaller steering wheel, active steering, paddles for the automatic etc... If the 520dA I currently have would have been my first 5 series, I would never have thought of switching. I will definitely regret the lack of space but hey, one cant ahve everything...
Old 10-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Wow that really is something unexpected We will never forget you and I bet you will return here from time to time.. and maybe F10?

Quick Reply: Slowly time to say goodbye...