E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Slight Jerking

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Has anyone noticed a slight jerking in the following situation (with Auto Trans):

- Foot on Brake
- Trans. in Drive
- RPM Idle @ 500-502

If you let get go of the brake, to move/coast a little. It will jerk.

I notice this on both my 545i and new 645Ci.

However, I don't notice this when the RPM's Idle betweekn 700-750 RPM's.

Thanks

Danny Z
Old 09-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

yeah, I've got something similar. Been to the dealer, they initially tried software updates, then eventually adjusted the valve clearance (per a dealer bulletin). It's still there, but intermittent. Some days I don't notice it at all, others it drives you insane. Sometimes makes crawling in the line on freeway on ramps a hit and miss experience - on a bad day the car can be pretty jerky. If you talk to you dealer and get any improvements please post the details as I'd be interested to hear what they do.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Oct 1 2005, 12:24 PM
yeah, I've got something similar.? Been to the dealer, they initially tried software updates, then eventually adjusted the valve clearance (per a dealer bulletin).? It's still there, but intermittent.? Some days I don't notice it at all, others it drives you insane.? Sometimes makes crawling in the line on freeway on ramps a hit and miss experience - on a bad day the car can be pretty jerky.? If you talk to you dealer and get any improvements please post the details as I'd be interested to hear what they do.
[snapback]177631[/snapback]
Same here. Its been happening since day 1. I've had the same corrections done and am still being driven crazy.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

Never happened to me.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

Same thing is happening to me, especially when the engine is cold. I went to my dealer they told me it's normal.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Members

Mine does it since day 1 also. Dealer says its "Normal". My car has too many unrefined characteristics for a 60K car.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Members

I have the same issue and I posted about it in this thread: Strong vibration in 1st gear

The dealer replaced the valve lifters because they said one of the cylinders wasn't firing properly at low RPMs.

The ride was a little smoother after the repair, but it was still noticeable. However, it has been getting worse over the past couple weeks and is now back to about the same as before the repair.

Here's the written description I gave my dealer about the problem:

Vibration (or pulsing motion) when idling in 1st gear. To reproduce the problem, drive the car and try to come to a graceful stop.? Just before stopping (under 5mph), you will begin to feel a pulsing, jerky motion, most noticeable if your head is against the headrest.? Once stopped, ease your foot off the brake a little and let the car pull forward without touching the gas.? Notice it pulses with or without your foot on the brake.? It's most noticeable on flat ground or a slight uphill grade, you won't feel it going downhill.? Once you press the gas, it goes away.? This happens in Auto or Sport mode, including manual shifting.? It doesn't happen in 2nd gear, only in 1st gear.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DannyZBMW' date='Sep 30 2005, 10:17 PM
Hi,

Has anyone noticed a slight jerking in the following situation (with Auto Trans):

- Foot on Brake
- Trans. in Drive
- RPM Idle @ 500-502

Thanks

Danny Z
[snapback]177621[/snapback]

yeah, I have the same problem. All and all, I'm not too impressed with the e60, luckily I kept my e39. When I upgraded from the e34 to the e39, it blew me away. That car had everything done perfectly right, and was insanely enjoyable to drive. When I got my e60, I noticed (a) jerking in 1st gear, (b) the right window has a window trap error every couple of roll downs, so it stops half way when you roll it up, and you have to try rolling it up a couple of times, ? static on my sound system, sometimes the changer won't show up, (d) and I'm relatively tall, maybe 6'1" or 6'2", and it seems like the seat is a bit too far to the right, because my knee often hits the side wall, and is uncomfortable over long distances.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Members

I have the same problem since day 1.
Dealer (friend) sad they don't know what it is. It's a guessing game for the tecks.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by DannyZBMW' date='Sep 30 2005, 10:17 PM
Hi,

- Foot on Brake
- Trans. in Drive
- RPM Idle @ 500-502

Thanks

Danny Z
[snapback]177621[/snapback]
I haven't had the problem.

Quick Reply: Slight Jerking