E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sirius XM

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I just discovered that the folks at Sirius are giving away a free one-year subscription to their internet service today. You can read the details here. Hint: If you read the reader comments, you'll learn that you need to delete the promo code in order for this to work. Don't know how long the offer will last, so you'd better jump on it if you're interested. You're welcome!

I have a question about the car subscription. What are you folks paying a year? Are there any special deals out there currently? My one-year subscription ends in November, and I want to re-up. Yeah, I know there may be better alternatives out there (Pandora, iPod integration, etc.) but all I have is Aux in, and I do like the steering wheel controls. So $70/yr is a cheaper alternative for me. Besides, I have the Sirius receiver, so why not?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

hmmm, worth a try...thanks...
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 AM
pcy
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

just tried... it worked for me. Signed up.
Don't need to provide any details like address or credit card info, only the e-mail address is needed.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this work in some way on my phone, ie: mobile android app?

Would be nice if I could get it on my phone & then BT it over to my car audio...

I dont really have a use for it if its browser based only.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Maddog-99
Will this work in some way on my phone, ie: mobile android app?

Would be nice if I could get it on my phone & then BT it over to my car audio...

I dont really have a use for it if its browser based only.
I dl'd the app onto my iphone and then used the same login and pw info given to me from the promotion..although the app is listed as free on itunes...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

trying it
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Originally Posted by jayarras
I just discovered that the folks at Sirius are giving away a free one-year subscription to their internet service today. You can read the details here. Hint: If you read the reader comments, you'll learn that you need to delete the promo code in order for this to work. Don't know how long the offer will last, so you'd better jump on it if you're interested. You're welcome!

I have a question about the car subscription. What are you folks paying a year? Are there any special deals out there currently? My one-year subscription ends in November, and I want to re-up. Yeah, I know there may be better alternatives out there (Pandora, iPod integration, etc.) but all I have is Aux in, and I do like the steering wheel controls. So $70/yr is a cheaper alternative for me. Besides, I have the Sirius receiver, so why not?
Do they still offer the "lifetime" subscription? They might not advertise it, but you might want to ask. Back when I got my e60 in May 2005, I called to activate Sirius and was "upsold" to a lifetime subscription. $399 + tax, minus BMW's payment for the first year. I think it was like $280 net cost to me. Still have the car, and haven't paid a dime since. First three transfers to different radios (i.e. if I get a new car) are free, and $50/transfer after that. Looking back, it was one hell of a deal!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

you can get it for a lot cheaper... do a 3 month trial, then tell them it cost to much and and you want to cancel it, and they will work a deal with you. I paid less then $100 for the year + internet radio.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

So I purchased my car used, and was waiting for the xm to expire. Sure enough last week it was turned off. When I called them they told me that it's going to cost about 96$/year
Old 09-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Big Jim
Do they still offer the "lifetime" subscription? They might not advertise it, but you might want to ask. Back when I got my e60 in May 2005, I called to activate Sirius and was "upsold" to a lifetime subscription. $399 + tax, minus BMW's payment for the first year. I think it was like $280 net cost to me. Still have the car, and haven't paid a dime since. First three transfers to different radios (i.e. if I get a new car) are free, and $50/transfer after that. Looking back, it was one hell of a deal!
My son received a lifetime subscription as a gift, but I think it's up to $500 now.

Originally Posted by SD5Series
you can get it for a lot cheaper... do a 3 month trial, then tell them it cost to much and and you want to cancel it, and they will work a deal with you. I paid less then $100 for the year + internet radio.
There was a bit of that advice going around last year, but I ended up with a $77/yr deal without any haggling. Caveat was that you needed to give them a cc # and they would automatically renew you unless you called them to cancel. So I just used a gift card, which no longer has any money on it.

I just wondered what their current "specials" were, if any.

Quick Reply: Sirius XM