E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sirius update

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i. 30% Huper Optik tint. Sirius.

I just had Sirius installed as well as the 16.2 update. When I called to activate I asked if I could apply my free year of service to a lifetime subscription (which is usually $499). After a coulple minutes of checking the operatior said that I could and the total for the lifetime would be $350. What a deal. She also informed me that I could transfer my subscription to a new radio up to three times, with the first time being free and each additional time costing $75. This seems like the best way to go if you are going to keep your car longer than 3 years.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by oubmw' date='Apr 27 2005, 03:20 PM
I just had Sirius installed as well as the 16.2 update.? When I called to activate I asked if I could apply my free year of service to a lifetime subscription (which is usually $499).? After a coulple minutes of checking the operatior said that I could and the total for the lifetime would be $350.? What a deal.? She also informed me that I could transfer my subscription to a new radio up to three times, with the first time being free and each additional time costing $75.? This seems like the best way to go if you are going to keep your car longer than 3 years.
[snapback]120926[/snapback]
Heh good deal. I spent two days trying to get that credit towards lifetime back in late Feb and could not talk them into it it. Now you get that plus other good info. Well I'll try again. Thanks for update.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by oubmw' date='Apr 27 2005, 02:20 PM
I just had Sirius installed as well as the 16.2 update.? When I called to activate I asked if I could apply my free year of service to a lifetime subscription (which is usually $499).? After a coulple minutes of checking the operatior said that I could and the total for the lifetime would be $350.? What a deal.? She also informed me that I could transfer my subscription to a new radio up to three times, with the first time being free and each additional time costing $75.? This seems like the best way to go if you are going to keep your car longer than 3 years.
[snapback]120926[/snapback]
Good info thanks. A few questions. What is the monthly fee if you don't go with the lifetime. Also can that transfer be made to a car you don't own? ie. can you sell the subscription or give it to a friend?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Members

The regular subscription after your free year is $12.95 per month. If you pay a year in advance you get one month free and if you pay 2 years in advance you get 3 months free.

Sirius Prices

Another thing. It usually costs $15 to activae your subscription by phone but that fee is inclueded in your year that BMW gives you.

You can transfer to ANY sirius approved radio according to the lady I spoke with yesterday. I made it a point to make sure I could transfer my subscription to a new BMW (or any other car with a sirius reciever) when I trade this one in. She said yes (free the first time and $75 for each additional time). I have heard of some variability in what some customer service reps say so If you are uneasy about getting a lifetime subscription, call and try to get something in writing or check out the web page. I have not looked at it very much.

Also, the sound is GREAT!! I never realized how poorly the FM stations here sound.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by oubmw' date='Apr 27 2005, 07:33 PM
The regular subscription after your free year is $12.95 per month.? If you pay a year in advance you get one month free and if you pay 2 years in advance you get 3 months free.

Sirius Prices

Another thing.? It usually costs $15 to activae your subscription by phone but that fee is inclueded in your year that BMW gives you.

You can transfer to ANY sirius approved radio according to the lady I spoke with yesterday.? I made it a point to make sure I could transfer my subscription to a new BMW (or any other car with a sirius reciever) when I trade this one in.? She said yes (free the first time and $75 for each additional time).? I have heard of some variability in what some customer service reps say so If? you are uneasy about getting a lifetime subscription, call and try to get something in writing or check out the web page.? I have not looked at it very much.

Also, the sound is GREAT!!? I never realized how poorly the FM stations here sound.
[snapback]121062[/snapback]
Just realized ur a newbie - WELCOME Sounds as though u might have had ur car for awhile.

You might want to add your location (approximate at least) to get better informed responses. With Sat Radio we know you're at least NA
Old 04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Apr 27 2005, 08:51 PM
[quote name='oubmw' date='Apr 27 2005, 07:33 PM']The regular subscription after your free year is $12.95 per month.? If you pay a year in advance you get one month free and if you pay 2 years in advance you get 3 months free.

Sirius Prices

Another thing.? It usually costs $15 to activae your subscription by phone but that fee is inclueded in your year that BMW gives you.

You can transfer to ANY sirius approved radio according to the lady I spoke with yesterday.? I made it a point to make sure I could transfer my subscription to a new BMW (or any other car with a sirius reciever) when I trade this one in.? She said yes (free the first time and $75 for each additional time).? I have heard of some variability in what some customer service reps say so If? you are uneasy about getting a lifetime subscription, call and try to get something in writing or check out the web page.? I have not looked at it very much.

Also, the sound is GREAT!!? I never realized how poorly the FM stations here sound.
Just realized ur a newbie - WELCOME Sounds as though u might have had ur car for awhile.

You might want to add your location (approximate at least) to get better informed responses. With Sat Radio we know you're at least NA
[snapback]121079[/snapback]
[/quote]

Will do and thanks for the WELCOME. I have had my E60 since Feb. and have been loving it!!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by oubmw' date='Apr 27 2005, 06:33 PM
The regular subscription after your free year is $12.95 per month.? If you pay a year in advance you get one month free and if you pay 2 years in advance you get 3 months free.

Sirius Prices

Thanks for the info and Welcome as well. Glad to hear the sound is great...I was a little concerned by another post that the sound was muffled sounding. Can't wait to get my car which is on a ship now....equipped with Sirius!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TitaniumGray5' date='Apr 27 2005, 09:08 PM
[quote name='oubmw' date='Apr 27 2005, 06:33 PM']The regular subscription after your free year is $12.95 per month.? If you pay a year in advance you get one month free and if you pay 2 years in advance you get 3 months free.

Sirius Prices

Thanks for the info and Welcome as well. Glad to hear the sound is great...I was a little concerned by another post that the sound was muffled sounding. Can't wait to get my car which is on a ship now....equipped with Sirius!
[snapback]121121[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have SIRIUS in two vehicles and in the house. I do not have the maximum signal strength at the house so in heavy thunderstorms it can fade or drop out. Otherwise it is fine. Most of the time either vehicle is usually better then the home version. Audio quality can be better or worse than FM at times depending on signal strength, source content, etc. My elevation angle here in central Florida is probably less than 30 degrees, indicating less than optimum coverage, but certainly adequate. I posted a SIRIUS Satellite coverage map a long time ago for those folks that had questions about coverage into Canada.