E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sirius - Today was the day...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today. As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

Everything (software update to 13.3, BT activation and Sirius install) was to be completed and the car returned to me tonight, but it never got off the ground. They were supposed to show up first thing in the AM, but he didn't actually show up until 11:00. At that point the service dept. said they couldn't finish the car in one day and they are to be closed the next two days for the holiday - we would have to reschedule.

It's so frustrating.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I hate to say it but I could've saved you the frustration. Never expect a software upgrade to take only one day. Never. They almost always take two days.

I'm still hoping you get the Sirius...that would make for a great Christmas. I don't want to jinx anything but my advice to you is to not expect it to work. That way, if it does, you can be ecstatic. If it doesn't, you won't be so frustrated...
Old 12-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nickferr' date='Dec 23 2004, 10:23 PM
BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today.? ? As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

[snapback]72043[/snapback]

You need a new dealer. Mine's been in total 7 days in one year. Always a loaner. Of course in 4 days it's in again. More than any car i've owned (including 3 bimmers) and I still love this car....
Old 12-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

[/quote]
You need a new dealer. Mine's been in total 7 days in one year. Always a loaner. Of course in 4 days it's in again. More than any car i've owned (including 3 bimmers) and I still love this car....
[snapback]72074[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree. I think I've already found a new dealer. I love the car too, but they have to work on the ownership experience. For the price I'd thought it would be better.

Nick
Old 12-24-2004, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by nickferr' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:23 PM
BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today.? ? As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

Everything (software update to 13.3, BT activation and Sirius install) was to be completed and the car returned to me tonight, but it never got off the ground.? They were supposed to show up first thing in the AM, but he didn't actually show up until 11:00.? At that point the service dept. said they couldn't finish the car in one day and they are to be closed the next two days for the holiday - we would have to reschedule.

It's so frustrating.

?
nickferr:

Do you have sat radio prep?
Old 12-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 24 2004, 05:26 PM
[quote name='nickferr' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:23 PM']BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today.? ? As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

Everything (software update to 13.3, BT activation and Sirius install) was to be completed and the car returned to me tonight, but it never got off the ground.? They were supposed to show up first thing in the AM, but he didn't actually show up until 11:00.? At that point the service dept. said they couldn't finish the car in one day and they are to be closed the next two days for the holiday - we would have to reschedule.

It's so frustrating.

?
nickferr:

[snapback]72208[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 24 2004, 05:26 PM
[quote name='nickferr' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:23 PM']BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today.? ? As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

It's so frustrating.

?
nickferr:

[/quote]

Sorry for the post above, I clicked the wrong button.

Yes, I have sat prep.

Nick
Old 12-25-2004, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by nickferr' date='Dec 25 2004, 07:47 AM

Yes, I have sat prep.

Nick
[snapback]72296[/snapback]
In such cases you can edit the post.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nickferr' date='Dec 25 2004, 01:47 AM
[quote name='Guest' date='Dec 24 2004, 05:26 PM'][quote name='nickferr' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:23 PM']BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today.? ? As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

It's so frustrating.

?
nickferr:

[/quote]

Yes, I have sat prep.

Nick
[/quote]

I too have a March 04 build. At the time Sat Prep and Nav could not be combined. So you're sure you've got both??
Old 12-27-2004, 05:58 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Dec 27 2004, 07:35 AM
[quote name='nickferr' date='Dec 25 2004, 01:47 AM'][quote name='Guest' date='Dec 24 2004, 05:26 PM'][quote name='nickferr' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:23 PM']BMWNA tells me that I can get Sirius in my March '04 build with NAV, they even helped me make a service appointment for today.? ? As a courtesy, because of my past problems ( see here? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5197&hl= ) the dealer was going to come get my car and leave me a loaner.

It's so frustrating.

?
nickferr:

[/quote]

Yes, I have sat prep.

Nick
[/quote]

I too have a March 04 build. At the time Sat Prep and Nav could not be combined. So you're sure you've got both??
[snapback]72750[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, please clarify. It's been a while since I checked in. Hello to a few old friends. I've got a 4/'04 build w/ Nav and thus w/o Sirius prewire. I'm interested. Is it possible yet? I'm still chatching up on posts so I'm sorry if this has been discussed/announced. Thanks.

Sam

Quick Reply: Sirius - Today was the day...