E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sirius Satellite is Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Hey all,

Today I went to the dealerships to see what they had (I still hadn't driven the sports package), and the demo had Sirius working and I was choosing different music choices and menus. It seems to work nicely and being integrated makes it very nice.

On the sports package, I don't know if it is a must, but for me, I think it is. I really liked the ease at which I made u-turns and as long as you navigate the car by steering feel and direction, you should get used to it pretty quickly. It felt solid at high speeds and at low, it felt easy to manuever, but still solid. I did a few curves at high speeds and while you get lateral g's, there is no lean, and that is truly amazing (you really have to experience it if you haven't...I may have been the last one that hadn't). I was not going to get the sports package, but now I definitely will. I will probably also opt for Sirius because I don't want to get an add on system, but if it is not cost effective then I will have to reconsider. Hopefully for 2005, they will package things a little differently and I some of the package combinations will be more cost effective.

Sorry for the long message, but I wanted to let you know that Sirius sounded great (heard it with premium sound) and the sports package as a whole seems to be the worth the cost. Besides, eventually I think this will be a 'standard' BMW feature (5-7 years from now).

One question, has the 5-series system always been called the Logic 7 system. I know it is in the 7, but I wasn't sure about the 5. In the 5 that I drove, it was labeled as a Logic 7 sound system, and it did sound good.

Thanks for reading!
Old 04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Apr 27 2004, 09:34 PM
One question, has the 5-series system always been called the Logic 7 system. I know it is in the 7, but I wasn't sure about the 5. In the 5 that I drove, it was labeled as a Logic 7 sound system, and it did sound good.
Logic 7 is the trade name of a DSP (digital signal processing) package from Lexicon/Harmon Kardon. It's just coincidence that it first appeared in the 7 series.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I knew that the 7 in Logic 7 had nothing to do with the 7-series. I just remember people mentioning that the two systems were not the same, and I couldn't remember whether or not the sytem in the 5 was labeled as Logic-7 or was it given another "name".