E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: which would you/did you pick?
Silver Gray
62.32%
Orient Blue
37.68%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Silver Gray v. Orient Blue

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 AM
jjl
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking to get a 530xi, narrowed down to these 2 colors, with biege interior, just curious which color people would choose, and why, if any reason
Old 07-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by jjl' date='Jul 28 2005, 11:47 AM
looking to get a 530xi, narrowed down to these 2 colors, with biege interior, just curious which color people would choose, and why, if any reason
[snapback]154071[/snapback]
I love the way the car looks in the dark colors, but I hate the slightest look of dust/dirt.

If the car is always protected and can be wiped daily with a CA duster, then go for the blue. If you are like me and your office is in a dirty environment where you worry about using a CA duster, then go for the silver gray.

The beauty of the lighter colors is that they are much easier to maintain. They always look clean, less chance of noticable swirl marks.

And the silver gray has a really cool look under the lights.

But it is all just personal preference. The car looks good in any color.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I voted in this poll and with my wallet for Silver gray, though you can't go wrong with the Orient Blue. The decision for me was simply upkeep. The Silver gray is just easier to keep clean than the Orient blue. And this may sound a bit silly, but down here in New Orleans, our dirt is what we call river sand. It is very light in color and makes dark color vehicles very difficult to keep looking good. My prior vehicle was a dark blue GMC Yukon XL, a real pain in the a** to keep clean.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I selected Silver Gray more because I was afraid of the upkeep in Black and I percieved a loss or blending of the key styling lines of the 6er. However, once delivered I was just estatic over how good and classy this color looks. I am now a fanatic over this color and my M6 will have to be this color or Silverstone II as I could never switch now.

But as in all things of this sort it is in the eyes of the beholder. All those that told me to go this way or that for exterior or interior colors do not see with my eyes just as I cannot for you so go with your emotion - you'll pic right for YOU
Old 07-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, Heads-up

Originally Posted by jjl' date='Jul 28 2005, 03:47 PM
I was also selecting from the same two colors...I picked Silver-Gray. I love both colors, but I'm very happy with Silver-Gray.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by H-Wood' date='Jul 28 2005, 03:37 PM
[quote name='jjl' date='Jul 28 2005, 03:47 PM']looking to get a 530xi, narrowed down to these 2 colors, with biege interior, just curious which color people would choose, and why, if any reason
I was also selecting from the same two colors...I picked Silver-Gray. I love both colors, but I'm very happy with Silver-Gray.
[snapback]154084[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm embarrassed to say how long it has been since my car was washed, and it has been through many rainstorms. I marvel at how it still looks perfectly polished - it's Silver Gray. The only telltale sign are the wheels...

I do like how the panel and door seams disappear on the black cars though - I think that making the shape visually seamless somehow enhances its beauty. You can't go wrong with any color in my opinion!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

voted for orient blue.... since I got one.
I think dark color makes the E60 look "bigger" and more representative, classy but yet still with its pretty nice and fast curve
silver gray is cool too
Attached Thumbnails Silver Gray v. Orient Blue-img_1361.jpg  
Old 07-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Members

Voted for Silvergray.

Personally i think this is the best color for E60. Not too light but not too dark either. Just right. This looks especially nice on the M.

Can't wait.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

Blue! I love it.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Originally Posted by jjl' date='Jul 28 2005, 01:47 PM
I have silver grey but I voted Blue because blue is so elegant when you really take care of the paint.

Now that I've learned how polish/glaze and take care of swirl marks, I'm not 'afraid' to have a dark colour car such as blue.

Quick Reply: Silver Gray v. Orient Blue