E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Should I change my 535d?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want to see the ammount of pre registered cars dealers are registering her in the UK to meet their 1/4 year sales targets, heard of one wher it was 30+.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speedy 535d' post='488172' date='Oct 31 2007, 04:37 AM
You want to see the ammount of pre registered cars dealers are registering her in the UK to meet their 1/4 year sales targets, heard of one wher it was 30+.
Where is "here"? Update your location And also tell us which dealer it was and where you got the information from, I "heard" that Elvis was still alive... !
Old 10-31-2007, 05:25 AM
Members

Thanks for all the replies, mostly very postive with good people who have understood my issue, thanks guys.

RUSS 1974
Clearly my post upset you a little, I understand, I too went from a 530d to my 535d and I was also impressed in the early months But I would like to answer some of your comments so you can understand where I am coming from.

First thing to say is I love the BMW brand, I must have had around 14 to date between my wife and myself, the e60 is a good car but not a great one, the previous e39s where great.

Even with all its problems it still beats the competition hands down, never the less mine have at times been a pain.And we have had to experience the i drive from its inception to what it is now. I have to say it is 100% better than my first car, the bluetooth is fantasic in my current car, as is the Nav,but slow bootup and slow response is a pain and has not improved .If all of your cars have been great from day one I would be surprised.I have had more CIP upgrades than is acceptable on a premium car, that with replaced steering column, new door seals etc etc.The only good thing is I have managed to keep the mileage down, as I am generally driving a loan car!

And this is my experence of my last three cars so you have to understand my concerns/ frustrations.

You inquire. if I dislike elements of the car why have I had three, well the first one had an interior fire which wrote the car off BMW refered to it as a thermal incident and as the car was so damaged no proof of fault could be found. The second car I had was better ,I retro fitted pro nav and had 50k good mileage out of it , until one day it was taken out by a taxi driver, when it returned it never drove the same, so hence the current car. When you have these experiences you tend to want to return to the car you had, hence staying with the e60 and its many positive points.

Your suggestion that budget may be a problem, in the last four years we have had six Bmw's the last one is an X5 very much like yours. So you can see budget is not a problem, but saying that it still expensive to change as frequently as I do as resales values are poor with high mileage cars.

As for the over supply statement, You are aware the 3 outsold the FORD FOCUS last year! I have been speaking to my dealer and I can pretty much have the pick of any spec within 1-2 months and if I want a car quicker its no problem and on top of that a nice 12% discount, If thats not over supply what is. The e60 is a very popular car due to its all round ability, engine range and strong lease deals. But it is in over supply ask any dealer to value any of your cars guys. The X5 is the best example of this, the last X5 you really struggled to get in the early years but the new one is available in every dealer with a good choice of engines and specs, there are six in my dealer.I agree with SPEEDY.

Your final post quotes everyone loves there e60 and not many if any would agree with me why would we be in the forum if they did.
THAT IS THE POINT ! IT IS A FORUM TO DISCUSS THESE OPINIONS not a FAN CLUB TO JUST LOVE EVERYTHING BMW DO!.

I have not made this personal and apologise to you RUSS if you have taken it that way, YOUR NEW CAR IS GREAT the options look cool. And after all my bull**** I will still get the LCI e60 535d Sport there is nothing better for the high mileage driver. I wanted the forums views which I got, and in the main they contain all my concerns.

PS From the picture RUSS, you may need to floss more often.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Contributors

Lymin - no need to apologise at all !!! It's nice to discuss things like this, my comment about doing so on an E60 forum just meant that people here would be biased. There is a sub forum on here which is "the competition". Many non-E60 discussions (and members) can be found in there.

Many of my posts are tongue in cheek and should not be taken seriously, and it's good to see you've taken them (mostly - the one about budget was a joke as i had already seen your car history!!) in good spirit I do hope you get an LCI E60 and stick around the forums.

Regarding over supply ... it's still a tricky one. You may be able to _get_ six E60's, but I still rarely see them on the road. Maybe it's over-production rather than over-supply.

Take my local Lamborghini dealer - there are 10 lovely cars in the showroom. They have been there for months and haven't changed. Is this over supply?? Perhaps. But how many have I seen on the roads this month? One ... and that was only because I had to spend a day in London! I agree that there are a lot of 1 and 3 series around. They aren't that expensive (especially the small engines with low spec). If people have realised that if they spend a few thousand more then can jump from a Ford to a BMW, then GREAT! Those same people will probably buy high end 3's, and then 5's, 7's and X5's in years to come. Welcome them to the brand too. Ford is going to be bankrupt soon, BMW are just ramping up production in preparation

If I bought cars worrying about the depreciation, I wouldn't buy a brand new BMW - neither would any other sane person. But I buy them because I love them, and put the finance side as much out of my head as I can !
Old 10-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Members

I am like you in the North West, get talking to them properly, forget the sales talk from the BMW charm school its all a front, they are now under such presure to shift volume anything you want either direct from Thorn or if its a factory build 12 weeks or so. This is unlike when we bought our first BM in 1985, the dealer was lucky to have a dozen E28's for the year.

Today it is like buying a new Truck, ( Thats a Scania or MAN etc for thoes accross the pond) talk about the discount first.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='488201' date='Oct 31 2007, 03:36 PM
Regarding over supply ... it's still a tricky one. You may be able to _get_ six E60's, but I still rarely see them on the road. Maybe it's over-production rather than over-supply.
If they where in "over supply" or an "over-production" on E60's,
why do I have to wait for a new one for more than 3 months?

The Scandinavian markets may not be as large as the UK, not to mentions the US ones, but still.

PS. For a new X5 3.0 d or sd one have to wait for more than a half year.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: [s]07 E60 535d LCI.Silver.172.Hifi.Ipod.Rear Tints.M Spoiler.[/s] 07 B7 RS4 Avant Misano Red 54 E87 120d Sport Sparkling Graphite

Originally Posted by Speedy 535d' post='488268' date='Oct 31 2007, 04:52 PM
I am like you in the North West, get talking to them properly, forget the sales talk from the BMW charm school its all a front, they are now under such presure to shift volume anything you want either direct from Thorn or if its a factory build 12 weeks or so. This is unlike when we bought our first BM in 1985, the dealer was lucky to have a dozen E28's for the year.

Today it is like buying a new Truck, ( Thats a Scania or MAN etc for thoes accross the pond) talk about the discount first.

Reads like you know the facts & the discount should be 19%.

Lymin6 - Maybe an RS4 might do the trick.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speedy 535d' post='488268' date='Oct 31 2007, 10:52 AM

Personally I quite like the BMW sales talk charm and the experience of dealing with people. Show me any sales person on the planet that doesn't put "on a front" when talking to a potential customer. Whether it's a "front" is irrelevant, as long as they talk to and treat me nicely whilst I am in front of them I don't care how they act the rest of the time.

Talk about the discount first? Please ... I am a BMW driver!! I bet you are the type of person that just as you are about to "shake on the deal", you say "...throw in free floor mats and a tank of fuel, and you've got yourself a deal!"

My current E60 is the first one I got any discount on at all. The other two E60s and the X5 we didn't even bother asking about discounts, just paid the full price. Money isn't everything you know. Talk about discount first? Not until the day I have to drag myself along to a Ford dealer ...
Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='488280' date='Oct 31 2007, 11:21 AM
If they where in "over supply" or an "over-production" on E60's,
why do I have to wait for a new one for more than 3 months?
Because it takes so long to ship and PDI the damn things I think 3 months from order to delivery, considering they build it from scratch, is amazing!! But personally i don't really agree that they are over supplied. It's still a premium brand.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='488357' date='Oct 31 2007, 10:01 PM
Talk about the discount first? Please ... I am a BMW driver!! I bet you are the type of person that just as you are about to "shake on the deal", you say "...throw in free floor mats and a tank of fuel, and you've got yourself a deal!"
Man you made me laugh so hard More posts like these pleeeaaase

I wish you have met my BMW dealer-friend, his personality is as charming as BMW cars themselves! I even can't talk about discount.. in this case, it's more then inappropriate. No need to discuss boring stuff like where to save few coins

But seriously now, if lymin6 wants some change .. he should go through this process with his dealer, if he's not able to help him, change him for someone who understands. I guess he was just unlucky this time. There is no better car then E60 in this class is there?

Quick Reply: Should I change my 535d?