E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Short-Stopping a Big Truck Jerk

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Just a quick story:
I have a hairpin turn on the way down to my riverfront house that can really separate the men from the boys. This boob, with girlfriend riding shotgun, cut me off and then bull-dogged his way ahead of me, down the road until we got to this hairpin. He advanced pretty far and swung wide.

Pity: His 4-door Ford pickup with Xtralong wheel base and Triton V-8 required a 3-point turn to get around it. I waited a polite few moments, behind him, snickering, then cut my assisted 10:1 steering ratio hard left, between him and the apex, and glided around the hairpin, leaving him wrestling with that big plastic wheel. In my rearview mirror, his look of "Hey, come back here you snot" was priceless. (Explain it to your honey, loser...)

These are the kinds of moments I love about these cars; a) the Detroit Iron is left high and dry, and b) absolutely unaware of the BMW's engineering characteristics. It never fails to amaze them, notwithstanding their Iron's dual exhausts and straightline grunt.

See y'around loser...Truly: Cut to the chase.

Ray Hull
Old 05-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I have a turn on my commute home and have a pickup or a Stupid Useless Vehicle on my a** quite often. The speed limit is 45 mph and I go ~ 50 mph. I can take the turn at 50 mph and its sooooooo much fun to loose the trucks around the turn.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='278610' date='May 5 2006, 08:16 PM
Just a quick story:
I have a hairpin turn on the way down to my riverfront house that can really separate the men from the boys. This boob, with girlfriend riding shotgun, cut me off and then bull-dogged his way ahead of me, down the road until we got to this hairpin. He advanced pretty far and swung wide.

Pity: His 4-door Ford pickup with Xtralong wheel base and Triton V-8 required a 3-point turn to get around it. I waited a polite few moments, behind him, snickering, then cut my assisted 10:1 steering ratio hard left, between him and the apex, and glided around the hairpin, leaving him wrestling with that big plastic wheel. In my rearview mirror, his look of "Hey, come back here you snot" was priceless. (Explain it to your honey, loser...)

These are the kinds of moments I love about these cars; a) the Detroit Iron is left high and dry, and b) absolutely unaware of the BMW's engineering characteristics. It never fails to amaze them, notwithstanding their Iron's dual exhausts and straightline grunt.

See y'around loser...Truly: Cut to the chase.

Ray Hull
In Texas, there's more trucks than cars. I know exactly what you mean. Those truck are not in the same or similar class as your 545i. He should know better.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hehehe I love these stories...
Old 05-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='278658' date='May 6 2006, 01:19 AM
Hehehe I love these stories...
Hey listen a little off this topic, I drive a BMW too love my BMW, but in this case just fault the idiot driver of that truck and no need to bash the American Vehicle ("Detroit Iron") and how superior our BMWs are.

It is very easy for us BMW owners to feel that we have this Air of Superiority over other cars, but we should keep this attitude in check too. We are all Americans here and it is in our best interest that American companies like Ford & GM who played a hand in building America into this great country it is, succeed. If they do not succeed we will see an intense backlash of foreign cars and the individuals driving them.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by bmwguynj' post='278890' date='May 6 2006, 11:51 PM
Hey listen a little off this topic, I drive a BMW too love my BMW, but in this case just fault the idiot driver of that truck and no need to bash the American Vehicle ("Detroit Iron") and how superior our BMWs are.

It is very easy for us BMW owners to feel that we have this Air of Superiority over other cars, but we should keep this attitude in check too. We are all Americans here and it is in our best interest that American companies like Ford & GM who played a hand in building America into this great country it is, succeed. If they do not succeed we will see an intense backlash of foreign cars and the individuals driving them.
Hey BMWguynj, I don't know what tangent you are off on, but mine was that this jerk was trying to shove HIS WEIGHT around by cutting me off and hotdogging...until he got to the curve. Then, that 140" wheelbase left him floundering. That thing is the nadir of American Iron and American marketing. Apparently you've never been leaned on by one of these boobs who think they own the world because they are sitting 3 feet higher than you, but I am sick of it. Now they are paying (and then some....lol) and if I get a chance for a thinking-man's move against one of these He-men, you'd better believe I will take it...with a big ole sh--eating grin. Let em flounder.

And FYI, I am the grandson/son of a charter (1928) Chrysler Corp dealer; so I know my American Iron too.

It's all in the choices we make,
Ray Hull
Old 05-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='278990' date='May 7 2006, 06:13 PM
Hey BMWguynj, I don't know what tangent you are off on, but mine was that this jerk was trying to shove HIS WEIGHT around by cutting me off and hotdogging...until he got to the curve. Then, that 140" wheelbase left him floundering. That thing is the nadir of American Iron and American marketing. Apparently you've never been leaned on by one of these boobs who think they own the world because they are sitting 3 feet higher than you, but I am sick of it. Now they are paying (and then some....lol) and if I get a chance for a thinking-man's move against one of these He-men, you'd better believe I will take it...with a big ole sh--eating grin. Let em flounder.

And FYI, I am the grandson/son of a charter (1928) Chrysler Corp dealer; so I know my American Iron too.

It's all in the choices we make,
Ray Hull

That is so true Ray!!

Skaffa

PS loving 60?s muscle!!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwguynj' post='278890' date='May 7 2006, 04:51 AM

Fair point - but we aren't all Americans - this forum is GLOBAL mate
Old 05-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Yep, there are countries outside of the US.........
Old 05-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='279539' date='May 8 2006, 11:40 PM
Yep, there are countries outside of the US.........
name few.

Skaffa

Quick Reply: Short-Stopping a Big Truck Jerk