E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Shopping Cart

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your simplest solution is to:

A) ditch the cart

then

start using reusable shopping bags

then

C) go grocery shopping more often so you don't need to buy so many groceries to need the cart.

You then save the planet by lessening paper/plastic waste, get some physical activity by carrying your bags, and ultimately saving yourself the trouble of asking how to fit a shopping cart in your trunk. Plus you can still return the cart for a refund at Home Depot, or worse case get store credit if you don't have your receipt or past the 90 day return period.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by juniorbmw
And, the point is $60K, and I can't fit a small shopping cart in this vehicle for my weekly shopping.
What's the price of the car got to do with it? You can spend a million on a Bugatti Veyron and fit even less in that.

I keep a couple of these in my trunk.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

What if one lives in a high-rise apartment on the 21th floor and parks the vehicle in a multi-level enclosed garage? One still has to traverse the garage floor to the elevator, onto the elevator and into the apartment? How is using reusable grocery bags and organizer units going help?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vkhong
What if one lives in a high-rise apartment on the 21th floor and parks the vehicle in a multi-level enclosed garage? One still has to traverse the garage floor to the elevator, onto the elevator and into the apartment? How is using reusable grocery bags and organizer units going help?

Funny you should mention that, for I live on the 33rd floor and park in a multi-level enclosed garage which is a block or two away, and have to traverse so.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

your bellman does not take care of that?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Funny you should mention that, for I live on the 33rd floor and park in a multi-level enclosed garage which is a block or two away, and have to traverse so.
Having the benefit of living in and visiting various cities internationally, I understand that not everyone live in single-family housing with an attached garage
Old 11-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
Here is the best I can do...

lmfao
Old 11-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

How about folded up and standing up behind the drivers seat OR folded up laying across the rear seat hump.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
How about folded up and standing up behind the drivers seat OR folded up laying across the rear seat hump.

And risk damaging the leather while driving; that would be disasterous.

Damage the leather 'cause we can't get a standard shopping cart into the trunk!!

Guess BMW didn't think that we'd need to go grocery shopping once we brought their vehicles!!
Old 11-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Contributors

Damage the leather 'cause we can't get a standard shopping cart into the trunk!!

Guess BMW didn't think that we'd need to go grocery shopping once we brought their vehicles!!
That's not the first time in this thread the term "standard shopping cart" has been mentioned. There's no such thing as a worldwide standard for a shopping cart. I've lived in Germany a long time and I've never seen a shopping cart like that one in the original post. I doubt any one of the BMW designers has seen one either.

This isn't a failing of the BMW design, it's the failing of someone that buys a cart that doesn't fit in their car.

The ones they have in europe would fit. I googled "granny trolley" to find this image:

Quick Reply: Shopping Cart