E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Shopping Cart

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, this is going to be a dumb and stupid topic, and is limited to US owners.

Can your shopping cart fit in the trunk?

My standard four-wheel shopping brought from Home Depot, barely, and I mean barely fits in the trunk of my '05 530i.

Now somebody told me that if I have a BMW then I shouldn't be doing my own shopping anyway, or at least tranporting my own groceries; I should have them deliered. That is more in line with the pretige of a BMW owner.

Hah, I don't know about that.

And, if I throw some groceries in the trunk, I'm reallly struggling and forcing the shopping cart into the trunk.

Your thoughts on the shopping cart.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Originally Posted by juniorbmw
Okay, this is going to be a dumb and stupid topic, and is limited to US owners.

Can your shopping cart fit in the trunk?

My standard four-wheel shopping brought from Home Depot, barely, and I mean barely fits in the trunk of my '05 530i.

Now somebody told me that if I have a BMW then I shouldn't be doing my own shopping anyway, or at least tranporting my own groceries; I should have them deliered. That is more in line with the pretige of a BMW owner.

Hah, I don't know about that.

And, if I throw some groceries in the trunk, I'm reallly struggling and forcing the shopping cart into the trunk.

Your thoughts on the shopping cart.
WTF

I don't even...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Maybe in the Land Rover, definitely in the truck, but none of my cars including the Road Runner, which I think I can at least put 3.5- 4 full size bodies in.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Here is the best I can do...

Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

Some say you can even fit 1 large fat woman in the trunk too
Old 11-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Love the dead body chart... and I must say I feel a bit pompous when I open my trunk and someone sees the golf bag placement chart... but a shopping cart??? Seriously??? I am not even sure a full sized shopping cart would fit standing upright in my Tahoe! WTF am I missing here?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributors

I totally feel your pain ... I had one heck of a time fitting a John Deere Tractor in the trunk of mine tonight and I have the folding rear seats!

Total disappointment ...

I'm swapping mine for a Ford F150 in the morning!

I've had it with the puny BMW stowage space.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

You guys aren't being very helpful now, are you?

Does the OP use a portable shopping car to cover some distance between car and store(s) or car and home? Are there stairs involved? Does the OP like to park far away from everyone else? There are folding shopping carts available that could save some trunk space.

Alternately, a member came up with an ingenious spill-proof and affordable cargo box or boxes for the E60 trunk. You can always ask the grocery bagger to help you transfer your grocery to the cargo box. Of course, one still has the problem of getting the grocery into the house...
Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Members

All the replies have been very humorous, but here is the kind of shopping cart I was speaking of, it is for groceries.

And, the point is $60K, and I can't fit a small shopping cart in this vehicle for my weekly shopping.

I know, I know, alot of you will post that I should only do my shopping once a month, but still....
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

My soccer umbrella won't fit in the E60 but it will fit in my E class, yet the E class looks smaller.

Quick Reply: Shopping Cart