E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Shocks/Struts/Dampers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

I bought the Eibach pro kit plus, It comes with the springs and sway bars. It's been sitting in my room and waiting for install cause my cars at the body shop getting the OEM Mtec Rear bumper put on.

I thought about it for a while and I think I should probably get some struts since I'm just waiting, and I'll probably save a bit on installation.

Could someone recommend a good set of shocks/struts/dampers ( i dont know the difference) that go perfect with Eibachs pro it springs?
They advertise that its made to go with the stock struts, but after reading more about It, I don't think so.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Bilstein or Koni would be my first choice. I've sold a bunch of both and no complaints from anyone.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

I have the Bilstein sports matched up to my Eibach ProKit. These compliment each other very well imo, and the ride comfort is just like oem but with a much more improved and responsive feel when cornering. Having the sports package certainly helps too.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
I have the Bilstein sports matched up to my Eibach ProKit. These compliment each other very well imo, and the ride comfort is just like oem but with a much more improved and responsive feel when cornering. Having the sports package certainly helps too.
Interesting!
Seems I never much thought about this before... but what's left of the OEM sport kit if you put in Eibach's? Just the Bilstein shocks, which are standard, correct?
So... how does it help having the sports package?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Bilstein or Koni would be my first choice. I've sold a bunch of both and no complaints from anyone.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
What about the Eibach ones? Do they not handle as well as the Koni or Bilstein?

How much for the Bilstein and how much for the Koni?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
Interesting!
Seems I never much thought about this before... but what's left of the OEM sport kit if you put in Eibach's? Just the Bilstein shocks, which are standard, correct?
So... how does it help having the sports package?
The Bilsteins are far superior in performance and durability than the OEM which btw are made by Sachs. Reputable company and nothing wrong there. But these OEM shocks are geared more for comfort rather than performance (after all our E60's are a four dour passenger vehicle right?) Same goes for the springs. The Eibach (as like most aftermarket performance springs) reduce bodyroll and improves/enhances cornering ability.

One great thing about a sports pkg is the ARS (Active Roll Stabilization). The sway bars are electronically adjusted to maintain a leveled car during moderate to hard cornering. Now add a couple more performance oriented parts to the suspension and you'll be glued to the assssphault
Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor

What yr/model do you have?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Bimmer5project
What about the Eibach ones? Do they not handle as well as the Koni or Bilstein?

How much for the Bilstein and how much for the Koni?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
What yr/model do you have?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
2007 530i non-sport
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Contributors

2007 530i non-sport

You are gonna be blown away once your complete kit is installed (thats including which ever shocks you choose). Your 5er will be so much more fun to drive, that I'm going to have to warn you, drive responsibly!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor

You're looking at about $700 for either set.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

2007 530i non-sport