E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

She's FINALLY here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='260182' date='Mar 26 2006, 09:11 AM
I would disagree. Depending on the dents you can get them removed without repainting. Even on the Al hood. Ask around some Audi or Land Rover dealers on a good place to get it looked at both of whom have used aluminium for a long time and should know where to point you. But make the dealer pay.

If you get the hood replaced it will not have the same VIN as the car. Most people would question if you had an accident and it could affect your resale.
If they can't match an entire motorhood, then I fear the worst for a local fix. People would question if a bird dropped something ...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Members

Thanks again guys... and girls I really do appreciate all the love!

As soon as I get her back from the dealer again and do a few things to her, I will post more pics!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Zack
Old 03-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by albmag' post='260205' date='Mar 26 2006, 07:07 AM
Congratulations. I'll pick up mine new E61 next Wednesday...

One short question, why do you call it "she"???
Its a Saloon, right? Aren't usually the Saloons "male" and the Tourings "female"?
Well, in English you even have the "it" so that you can be "pollitically correct".

In my home Language (Portuguese) we don't have that option. All objets must have associated an Gender...
And its "male" for all types of cars (Saloon, Cabrios, Coup?s,...) with the exception of Tourings/Vans which are "female"...
I know spanish pretty well and english isn't the same where you apply a gender role to everything. English speakers will commonly refer to a car as a "she" since it has been common for decades, I'm not sure why though. Example, referring to a clean E60: "She really looks beautiful after being washed." If they are speaking of the car visually, I guess females are commonly looked at in that manner so it's easy to use a female roll for the vehicle. No offense to females.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Originally Posted by albmag' post='260205' date='Mar 26 2006, 10:07 AM
Congratulations. I'll pick up mine new E61 next Wednesday...

One short question, why do you call it "she"???
Its a Saloon, right? Aren't usually the Saloons "male" and the Tourings "female"?
Well, in English you even have the "it" so that you can be "pollitically correct".

In my home Language (Portuguese) we don't have that option. All objets must have associated an Gender...
And its "male" for all types of cars (Saloon, Cabrios, Coup?s,...) with the exception of Tourings/Vans which are "female"...
I always refer to cars, no matter what type as an "it", nothing to do with political correctness, just because it is a machine, it has no gender. But to each his/her own.

As most SUV's such as X5's and the like are driven by women what gender should you apply to them?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Members

Yup, I refer to all of my cars as "she". So it's in female form, even though it may seem like it has to be a male dominant term. But then I say she's beautiful, and then everything is understood

What can I say, cars(some) and women(also...some ) are b-e-a-u-tiful haha!