E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

shadowline trim done!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franco5
Looks sweet man... I gotta get rid of my chrome too - I hate it. Nice Job!
thanks! so much different without that chrome trim, it actually drove me crazy for a few weeks! good luck!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Trim looks great! I'm sure it's been said before, but the shadowline really matches your wheels now. Got any before pics? I like seeing the contrast lol
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

where did you get the trim from if you dont mind me asking
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GsQ
where did you get the trim from if you dont mind me asking
hey buddy
i took it to http://www.ltbmw.com/ last weekend.. ask for long he is the owner and actually he might be able to help you with your calipers as well. he has a new shop at el monte and looks really good and sick! tell him justin sent you and he will hook you up.. thanks, and hopefully it works out!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Trim looks great! I'm sure it's been said before, but the shadowline really matches your wheels now. Got any before pics? I like seeing the contrast lol
hey man, here is the before pic: ugly with the chrome trim!! thanks!lol!
Attached Thumbnails shadowline trim done!-attachment.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sluis530
looks awesome! can't wait to get mine done in a couple weeks
are you doing it yourself?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i M-sport e60 12/04 20inch nappa leather hud comfort seats individual black headliner individual black gloss window trim. etc etc.

Awesome! Ive got them OEM on my 545i. But ive got a question. Can you order some strips apart ?
Ive got on driver door and passenger door that they are coming loose. The ends are coming loose.The strips that are on the bottom.
Or how is it mounted ? Thnx in advance.
Your e60 looks great with those shawdowline trim!

Greetz
Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GenuinePaul
Awesome! Ive got them OEM on my 545i. But ive got a question. Can you order some strips apart ?
Ive got on driver door and passenger door that they are coming loose. The ends are coming loose.The strips that are on the bottom.
Or how is it mounted ? Thnx in advance.
Your e60 looks great with those shawdowline trim!

Greetz
hey gpaul
thanks for the compilment on the shadowline trim u know i did a lot of research on this before i went and found a shop that did it here locally in LA. it is a vinyl wrap, the process took about an hour for all 4 doors and it is like a strip of tint but thicker and more rubbery( vinyl)and he stuck it and used heat to make it stay and not come off. not sure if you can buy em pre cut or strips apart? do some research on google, type in don nguyen vinyl wrap and you will see a lot of his work, and also maybe you can email him and ask him where to buy it! good luck and hopefully i was a help for you.. thanks again.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jg525i
hey gpaul
thanks for the compilment on the shadowline trim u know i did a lot of research on this before i went and found a shop that did it here locally in LA. it is a vinyl wrap, the process took about an hour for all 4 doors and it is like a strip of tint but thicker and more rubbery( vinyl)and he stuck it and used heat to make it stay and not come off. not sure if you can buy em pre cut or strips apart? do some research on google, type in don nguyen vinyl wrap and you will see a lot of his work, and also maybe you can email him and ask him where to buy it! good luck and hopefully i was a help for you.. thanks again.
So how much was the job total vs $200 OEM shadowline trim?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cwest
So how much was the job total vs $200 OEM shadowline trim?
150 for the job so i guess it is a little cheaper, OEM shadowline trim from dealer i believe is about 250 and this is not installed.. maybe another 100 bucks to have it installed!you know how it works on the stealership! lol!

Quick Reply: shadowline trim done!