E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Service Records?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyway i can get my service records from my bmw dealership? I went the other night to see if my car's vin number was in the recall ones for "Passenger Restraint System" malfunction. Mine wasnt, which i find absurd that cars made in the same year had the problem fixed and they dont want to fix mine. When the SA searched my vin number there was a huge list of services my car had gotten done and i asked if i could have a printout. He said no to that also. This fucking dick ignored me at first, refused to give me an explanation why my car isnt on the re-call list, said he couldn't print out the service records and sent me on my way. Im guessing its because im 19 and look 17. Do you guys know of a place where i can get my service records? Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by augustrush42' post='1068473' date='Dec 5 2009, 09:52 PM
Is there anyway i can get my service records from my bmw dealership? This fucking dick ignored me at first, refused to give me an explanation why my car isnt on the re-call list, said he couldn't print out the service records and sent me on my way. Im guessing its because im 19 and look 17. Do you guys know of a place where i can get my service records? Thanks
Do you guys know of a place where i can get my service records? > Exactly where you were - your dealer's service department.

This fucking dick ignored me at first, > While it may have something to do with your youth and your expectation of 'respect' ... do you think your unconscious behavior communicated something else?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1068477' date='Dec 5 2009, 10:06 PM
Do you guys know of a place where i can get my service records? > Exactly where you were - your dealer's service department.

This fucking dick ignored me at first, > While it may have something to do with your youth and your expectation of 'respect' ... do you think your unconscious behavior communicated something else?
I was in no way, shape, or form disrespectful to the guy. I asked my questions, he responded, i said "Ok thanks, have a nice day" and left. My fucking dick comment was made to emphasize this guy's lack of attention towards me. Your smart comment is basically useless seeing as I already said that they wont give it to me. He showed me the screen and goes "It says it right here in RED that I can't print this out for you." If you're not going to help, please don't reply. Im 19 but im not an idiot.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

What I would do is call the Service Manager and state your problem. Mention the name of the service advisor name. Make the Service Manager be aware that you expect to get the said Service Records in the mail in a week and if not you will call BMWNA and bring the complain to them. You will see a speedy service with a smile. I used to work for a BMW Dealer in Sales and any complain by customers are dealt with seriously, the dealer don't want it to reach BMWNA.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by augustrush42' post='1068483' date='Dec 5 2009, 10:23 PM
Im 19 but im not an idiot.
Then you'll arrive at a solution without any further help.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by al_ongvano' post='1068522
Then you'll arrive at a solution without any further help.
Certainly not with your useless help. If it can even be called that.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

relax..luigi was merely pointing out the obvious...your original post was rather vulgar and rude and in no way conveyed if you did or did not act that way towards your SA. Have you tried going to another dealership? There are a number of members local to you that could possibly recc a better dealership and SA...either way, I'm not a fan of how you like to portray yourself...so this will be my first and last post here

GL and
Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Here's the deal ... a BMW dealer may issue a copy of the record of service and warranty work performed during the period you were the owner of the vehicle. However, the dealer is not required, nor authorized, to release any record for service performed during the period the vehicle was owned by someone else.

What I was suggesting you consider is that in every customer-service provider relationship often it's how you ask - not what you ask for that sets the stage for could or will happen next.

I did not infer nor state you were an idiot ... I'm sorry you interpreted my post as "smart" and not helpful; I should have been more direct.

Service history is very useful. That said, in the past I've been able to obtain complete dealer service and warranty records for pre-owned BMWs I've bought (for that matter other for some of the 25 or 30 cars I've owned). And, I've done that without having to threaten to "kick it upstairs".

If I were in your shoes and the relationship with a particular SA is non-productive I'd ask him/her who you can talk [service manager?] to in order to obtain service record history for your car to help you be a more knowledgeable BMW customer for future service and maintenance of your car. And I'd add that if the whole record isn't available to you (because it will contain the previous owner's personal information) an abstract or summary of service performed and warranty work / campaigns completed would be acceptable.

This time I hope my advice will help you get the results you want.

Good luck with your hunt for info.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1068564' date='Dec 6 2009, 02:30 AM
Here's the deal ... a BMW dealer may issue a copy of the record of service and warranty work performed during the period you were the owner of the vehicle. However, the dealer is not required, nor authorized, to release any record for service performed during the period the vehicle was owned by someone else.

What I was suggesting you consider is that in every customer-service provider relationship often it's how you ask - not what you ask for that sets the stage for could or will happen next.

I did not infer nor state you were an idiot ... I'm sorry you interpreted my post as "smart" and not helpful; I should have been more direct.

Service history is very useful. That said, in the past I've been able to obtain complete dealer service and warranty records for pre-owned BMWs I've bought (for that matter other for some of the 25 or 30 cars I've owned). And, I've done that without having to threaten to "kick it upstairs".

If I were in your shoes and the relationship with a particular SA is non-productive I'd ask him/her who you can talk [service manager?] to in order to obtain service record history for your car to help you be a more knowledgeable BMW customer for future service and maintenance of your car. And I'd add that if the whole record isn't available to you (because it will contain the previous owner's personal information) an abstract or summary of service performed and warranty work / campaigns completed would be acceptable.

This time I hope my advice will help you get the results you want.

Good luck with your hunt for info.

Thanks for this. My apologies if i came off hostile. I'm just in need of the records since I have no idea what has been done to my car and I have some malfunctions so prior history could be helpful.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by augustrush42' post='1068473' date='Dec 6 2009, 02:52 AM
. Mine wasnt, which i find absurd that cars made in the same year had the problem fixed and they dont want to fix mine.
With recalls,manufacturers can identify a specific range of VIN numbers ,if your number is not listed the "same year" argument is not valid.

Quick Reply: Service Records?