E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Selt belt problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8
Arrow

so as the title say im looking too see if anyone can help... i buckle my selt belt all the time, no exceptions but now even when i buckle the seat belt the chime doesnt recognize that i have already put the seat belt on... this is has had a long list problems that has been already taken care of member brabusw209amg tried helping me out, we checked all the fuses they were fine.. checked the wiring and tension wires they were fine.. took the battery off and rest the car... still nothing and i dont feel like bring this car back to the stealership... they already took alot of money from me i just recently got my Driver side airbag replaced... no fun... looking to see if anyone has come across this problem and can help.. i've talked to many members here about there car problems and it seems like the best thing to do is trade it in and get a more updated car because the problem will continue to add up. so that being said im going to stylezzza's dealership tomorrow where he got his car and see if i can get any deals to upgrade to a 545 or 550.. hopefully a BMW but i dont know yet.. i love my car... you can say i've become somewhat attached because of all the work that was done to it. but lets hope for the best =)
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='993366' date='Aug 30 2009, 09:21 PM
so as the title say im looking too see if anyone can help... i buckle my selt belt all the time, no exceptions but now even when i buckle the seat belt the chime doesnt recognize that i have already put the seat belt on... this is has had a long list problems that has been already taken care of member brabusw209amg tried helping me out, we checked all the fuses they were fine.. checked the wiring and tension wires they were fine.. took the battery off and rest the car... still nothing and i dont feel like bring this car back to the stealership... they already took alot of money from me i just recently got my Driver side airbag replaced... no fun... looking to see if anyone has come across this problem and can help.. i've talked to many members here about there car problems and it seems like the best thing to do is trade it in and get a more updated car because the problem will continue to add up. so that being said im going to stylezzza's dealership tomorrow where he got his car and see if i can get any deals to upgrade to a 545 or 550.. hopefully a BMW but i dont know yet.. i love my car... you can say i've become somewhat attached because of all the work that was done to it. but lets hope for the best =)
GL with the upgrade. Anthony, let me know if I can help at all with negotiations. I love the challenge of negotiating or helping my friends negotiate a good car deal.

Besides Stylezzza's dealership, you may want to give Jeffnnj a shot. He's now at Wide World of Cars BMW in Spring Valley, NY. His cell is 201-925-6898 (he's posted it before). Hopefully, Jeff can give some good deals to his fellow members.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='993370' date='Aug 30 2009, 09:28 PM
GL with the upgrade. Anthony, let me know if I can help at all with negotiations. I love the challenge of negotiating or helping my friends negotiate a good car deal.

Besides Stylezzza's dealership, you may want to give Jeffnnj a shot. He's now at Wide World of Cars BMW in Spring Valley, NY. His cell is 201-925-6898 (he's posted it before). Hopefully, Jeff can give some good deals to his fellow members.

sound good scott! =) im going to look around tomorrow and see what they can do for me, and if nothing makes me happy then i'm probably going to call jeffnnj to see if can help me out =)
Old 08-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='993384' date='Aug 30 2009, 09:41 PM
sound good scott! =) im going to look around tomorrow and see what they can do for me, and if nothing makes me happy then i'm probably going to call jeffnnj to see if can help me out =)
My preferred strategy is to contact several dealers and see who can get you the best deal. If I were shopping, I'd call both dealers, and probably a few more, to check out their CPO stock especially given that 545/550 are not that common. If you can swing it, get the 550.

For this search, I'd be armed with kbb.com's and edmund's pricing for these cars prior to entering into any negotiations with dealers. I'd also check Edmunds and bimmerfest.com to learn about any incentives or cheap financing that BMWFS might be offering.

I would definitely go for CPO if buying used.

GL Anthony. Feel free to give me a shout on my cell if you want to chat about it.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

ant, i'll call u tomorrow when i get free. busy in the morning