E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seats with Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

2 Questions...

1. Does the memory seat change position ONLY when the key is inserted into the ignition?

2. Are the M1 and M2 settings tied to the Key Memory as well?

Reason I ask...I was at the car wash the other day. The guy inserted my key into the ignition (which I never do since I have CA) and moved my seats around to vacuum. When I got in the car after he was done, I took the key out, got out of car, locked it, unlocked it, but it didn't go back to my original position like it was, before I got to the wash. So then I just figured I'd hit M1 as back-up, but nothing happened either. Was annoying because I had to reset all my settings. I figured that M1 must be tied to the memory on the key as well.

Can anyone confirm?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='339176' date='Sep 27 2006, 10:16 AM
2 Questions...

1. Does the memory seat change position ONLY when the key is inserted into the ignition?

2. Are the M1 and M2 settings tied to the Key Memory as well?

Reason I ask...I was at the car wash the other day. The guy inserted my key into the ignition (which I never do since I have CA) and moved my seats around to vacuum. When I got in the car after he was done, I took the key out, got out of car, locked it, unlocked it, but it didn't go back to my original position like it was, before I got to the wash. So then I just figured I'd hit M1 as back-up, but nothing happened either. Was annoying because I had to reset all my settings. I figured that M1 must be tied to the memory on the key as well.

Can anyone confirm?

Memory seats work the same as without CA.

When you reach for a door handle, the door senses your hand and sends a radio frequency out. If the key is in your pocket, purse, or whatever.... it receives this radio frequency and responds. When the car gets the response, it opens the door.

If you have iDrive set to change seat memory on door unlock, then the seats will return to the last position when that key was used.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d M-Sport, Carbon Black, Almost all options [img]http://picasaweb.google.com/rodako/T2/photo#5076044138312609266 [/img]

hi,

you can edit all these settings in your idrive to decide whether your chair goes back to the old settings when you unlock your door or when you open the door.

But if you didnt save your settings previously to M1 then you cannot expect to get them back.

What i do is i save 2 types of seating positions i like - 1 in M1 and the other in M2. When the wife borrows the car with her key the seat changes to her settings. When i get back to the car, the seat goes to the LAST USED POSITION - not the position saved in memory. This is correct. If you want the memory position you have to press M1.

i suspect that you never saved your settings to M1 and thus could not retrieve them - or the dealer screwed around with it.

good luck.

ronald
Old 09-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='339184' date='Sep 27 2006, 10:29 AM
Memory seats work the same as without CA.

When you reach for a door handle, the door senses your hand and sends a radio frequency out. If the key is in your pocket, purse, or whatever.... it receives this radio frequency and responds. When the car gets the response, it opens the door.

If you have iDrive set to change seat memory on door unlock, then the seats will return to the last position when that key was used.
I have it set to that. And it does go into the position I have it set at, when I unlock the car. It's just that when someone else changes the seat position (like at the car wash) when the car is on and the key is in the ignition, my old seat settings are now lost, even when I hit M1. Is that right?

PS - I don't carry a purse, but thanks for asking.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='339185' date='Sep 27 2006, 10:31 AM
hi,

you can edit all these settings in your idrive to decide whether your chair goes back to the old settings when you unlock your door or when you open the door.

But if you didnt save your settings previously to M1 then you cannot expect to get them back.

What i do is i save 2 types of seating positions i like - 1 in M1 and the other in M2. When the wife borrows the car with her key the seat changes to her settings. When i get back to the car, the seat goes to the LAST USED POSITION - not the position saved in memory. This is correct. If you want the memory position you have to press M1.

i suspect that you never saved your settings to M1 and thus could not retrieve them - or the dealer screwed around with it.

good luck.

ronald
hmmm...ok. Looks like I need to play around with the settings again. I think it all has to do with having the key in the ignition. If the key is inserted and the seats are moved around, it seems as though that key that's inserted thinks that's the new position. Since most of us don't use our keys in our ignition when driving, it's never an issue. Or maybe I'm just going stir crazy and need to spend more time with my car and the seats!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

There is a simple answer to this, because it happens to me all the time at the car wash...When the attendent gets in the car and adjusts the seats alot of times they push the memory setting buttons by accident and this screws everything up...I wish the memry buttons were somewere else...
Old 09-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='339194' date='Sep 27 2006, 10:43 AM
There is a simple answer to this, because it happens to me all the time at the car wash...When the attendent gets in the car and adjusts the seats alot of times they push the memory setting buttons by accident and this screws everything up...I wish the memry buttons were somewere else...
That's just great. :thumbsdown: Well, fortunately, I rarely take my car to the car wash since I wash it myself, but for those rare times that I do...oh well! Maybe I'll just throw some tape or something over the buttons next time. It's just so annoying trying to get the car back to it's original seat position that I loved so much.

Or maybe I'll just hide the keys inside the car!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d M-Sport, Carbon Black, Almost all options [img]http://picasaweb.google.com/rodako/T2/photo#5076044138312609266 [/img]

Oh dear oh Dear! Life is so hard isnt it! Having people wash your car for u?

The joy of the e60 is also to wash it yourself

Well i know it takes ages to get your best seat position - especially on the comfort seats. Personally i think they should have put any of the buttons down there on the seat. It is so inconvinient when driving and trying to fit your hands in that small space. And secondly, when u have a passenger - they usually havent got a clue how to adjust your seat and u cant reach over and help from your drivers seat.

hope they change that.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='339196' date='Sep 27 2006, 10:53 AM
Oh dear oh Dear! Life is so hard isnt it! Having people wash your car for u?

The joy of the e60 is also to wash it yourself

Well i know it takes ages to get your best seat position - especially on the comfort seats. Personally i think they should have put any of the buttons down there on the seat. It is so inconvinient when driving and trying to fit your hands in that small space. And secondly, when u have a passenger - they usually havent got a clue how to adjust your seat and u cant reach over and help from your drivers seat.

hope they change that.
Knowing BMW, the seats on the 535 will be 50-way adjustable seats! HAHAHA! Now they just need massage chairs as an option and you're set!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='339197' date='Sep 27 2006, 11:15 AM
Knowing BMW, the seats on the 535 will be 50-way adjustable seats! HAHAHA! Now they just need massage chairs as an option and you're set!
I think iceman has them already! :'(

Quick Reply: Seats with Comfort Access