E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seatbelt ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone have any luck beating a seatbelt ticket?? $120 in nyc....miserable. i was driving past the guy and he pulled me over for the seatbelt...i didnt think that was allowed. any info?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

21st Century Notice for All Fifty States: Seatbelts are required to worn by all drivers and passengers under the age of 16. All passengers over the age of 16 seated in the front seat are required to wear seatbelts. These provisions are enforceable upon observation!!
Any passenger under the age of 16 required to be in a child safety seat or child booster vary from state to state! Also enforceable upon observation!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

Did you quickly put it on when he pulled you over ? If so, fight it - its his word vs yours, and chances are we wont show up to court, DISMISSED

No cop is going to show up for a seatbelt ticket
Old 11-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

In florida it is mandatory that ALL passengers wear restraints.
I don't see why anyone wouldn't wear one anyways.....death wish waiting to happen, in the right scenario
Old 11-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Isn't wearing your seatbelt just common sense in the first place anyway?

I understand some people with disabilities etc not physically being able to wear their seatbelt for medical reasons, but surely NOT twatting your face on the windshield in the event of a crash is preferable to not wearing your seatbelt.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='724061' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:39 AM
anyone have any luck beating a seatbelt ticket?? $120 in nyc....miserable. i was driving past the guy and he pulled me over for the seatbelt...i didnt think that was allowed. any info?
i got a seat belt ticket a few yrs ago in SoCal and was only $80 bucks, so i just sent the check w/the courtesy notice. But if you don't want to pay the fine then contest it and you might have a good chance the cop won't show up like Mag75 mentioned.
I dunno about you, but i can't stand the bell sound that comes on after a few seconds for seat belt reminder...
Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with all do respect i was not asking for a lesson in seatbelt safety. i was wondering if anyone had any luck fighting a seatbelt ticket. whether i wear a seatbelt or not is of no one elses concern. it does not make me a safer driver nor does it subject anyone else on the road to any danger. to all of those who have an issue with me not wearing my seatbelt please think back to all the times you have driven a car after having a beer with dinner or maybe were talking on the phone while racing to work at 70 mph. i will bet my next paycheck that when it comes to driving no one here has followed each and every traffic law so please do not preach to me about safe driving practices.

anyway, has anyone had any luck fighting a seatbelt ticket?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by mag75' post='724078' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:16 AM
Did you quickly put it on when he pulled you over ? If so, fight it - its his word vs yours, and chances are we wont show up to court, DISMISSED

No cop is going to show up for a seatbelt ticket
is that so? that's good to know thanks for the info!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='724116' date='Nov 18 2008, 12:15 PM
with all do respect i was not asking for a lesson in seatbelt safety. i was wondering if anyone had any luck fighting a seatbelt ticket. whether i wear a seatbelt or not is of no one elses concern. it does not make me a safer driver nor does it subject anyone else on the road to any danger. to all of those who have an issue with me not wearing my seatbelt please think back to all the times you have driven a car after having a beer with dinner or maybe were talking on the phone while racing to work at 70 mph. i will bet my next paycheck that when it comes to driving no one here has followed each and every traffic law so please do not preach to me about safe driving practices.

anyway, has anyone had any luck fighting a seatbelt ticket?
TPRenaldo is a cop...what do ya expect?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by radz550i' post='724125' date='Nov 18 2008, 01:25 PM
is that so? that's good to know thanks for the info!
Yep. You can fight any ticket. I havent had a seatbelt ticket but a handful of speeding tickets. When you get the ticket it asks for guilty, not guilty, or no contest. Most people plead no contest, take your defensive driving and be done with it.

BUT, if you plead not guilty you will actually be infront of a judge, and the cop will be requested to show. You are taking a chance here, but chances are he is not goin to show up for a stupid speeding ticket, or worse a seatbelt ticket. THe judge will then say dismissed, and you are off free.......but, as always, there is a exception - the cop could show up....but that is when you turn up the charm, and the bullshit....

Quick Reply: Seatbelt ticket...