E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

seat heaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Damit, I went to warm up the car this morning and noticed a spot on the lower seat bolster. Well the spot turned out to be a burn, and with pressure on the seat, I saw a spark. Damn heater done burned a freckin hole in the seat.

Mind you i just had it in the shop a couple of weeks ago for the passenger seat back doing the same thing. Fixed of course under warrenty, and I did do the seat recall a year or so ago.

Have an appointment tomorrow to get a new seat cover put in, now my question is my warrenty runs out in October thinking about extending it, but with the plethera of issues recalls and down time do you guys think that the things that I have had fixed before, if it breaks again in a resonable amount of time should be repaired again by BMW or should we eat the problems and pay out of the ying yang?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I understand your point and agree that reoccurrences of known issues should be covered, even out of warranty.

That said, if you plan on keeping the car well past the factory warranty, I'd say it's worth it to spring for an extended warranty...
Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by buddy' post='398885' date='Mar 5 2007, 08:27 PM
Damit, I went to warm up the car this morning and noticed a spot on the lower seat bolster. Well the spot turned out to be a burn, and with pressure on the seat, I saw a spark. Damn heater done burned a freckin hole in the seat.

Mind you i just had it in the shop a couple of weeks ago for the passenger seat back doing the same thing. Fixed of course under warrenty, and I did do the seat recall a year or so ago.

Have an appointment tomorrow to get a new seat cover put in, now my question is my warrenty runs out in October thinking about extending it, but with the plethera of issues recalls and down time do you guys think that the things that I have had fixed before, if it breaks again in a resonable amount of time should be repaired again by BMW or should we eat the problems and pay out of the ying yang?
Dude, that's scary. Imagine if your butt was planted in the seat when the leather
got scorched. Sure hope no one was in the passenger seat when it happened.