E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seat belt sensor ringing driving me crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sensor ringing drives me nuts, does anyone have any tricks to turning it off? I'm not sure if this is a Canada only sensor but as long as someone is sitting in either front seat without the seat belt on, the f$#@ing thing rings non stop. Does anyone know how to disable the ringing?

Please no smart ass answers like wear the seat belt, even if I have to back the thing up and take my belt off, it's ringing
Old 08-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by sticky' date='Aug 30 2005, 09:59 PM
The sensor ringing drives me nuts, does anyone have any tricks to turning it off? I'm not sure if this is a Canada only sensor but as long as someone is sitting in either front seat without the seat belt on, the f$#@ing thing rings non stop. Does anyone know how to disable the ringing?

Please no smart ass answers like wear the seat belt, even if I have to back the thing up and take my belt off, it's ringing
[snapback]165409[/snapback]
I wonder if you could order the piece that plugs into the clip and just leave it in there?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

THere is a fix, it requires taking apart the buckle. Do a search, there is detailed instructions.

I agree by the way that the nanny chime is a pain in the ass.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

It's the same in the US. I hate it too.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

join the club

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Aug 31 2005, 12:57 AM
It's the same in the US.? I hate it too.
[snapback]165444[/snapback]
Old 08-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by sticky' date='Aug 31 2005, 03:59 AM

We also have that in Europe but it does not ring immediately but rather after something like 20s. I personaly have the time to make manevers before it rings so I do not experience your problem. Now, except if you drive back for hours, the sound is not so stressy (by me, it is the same as when I forget to switch of the lights when stopped) to hear for a small moment.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Go the a car wreck and get a counter piece!
This will silence the bell.

But guys, you really should use the seatbelts, they are the best protection in the car.
The airbags doesn't do the job!
Old 08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

mine occasionally chimes if i place a laptop or something a little heavy and it doesnt move for around 20 seconds. i have to move whatevers on the passenger seat about a bit so that it doesnt trigger the sensor. a bit of a pain but nothing major
Old 08-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sticky' date='Aug 30 2005, 08:59 PM

I have the fix for you:

Take off the front seat leather cover and remove the seat sensor. That will remove the sound for good...
Old 08-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Well, just put on your seat belt...
I don't want my insurance to go up because you have an accident and sustain severe injuries that could have been avoided by wearing a seatbelt.

One block from us, we just had 3 kids killed in a car accident. They were not wearing seat belts.

Sorry, just venting.

Quick Reply: Seat belt sensor ringing driving me crazy!!!