E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how to bypass the fasten your seatbelts beeps that occur when you dont have your seltbelt on? I cant figure out how to do it and the beeps just keep on goin on forever.

David
Old 09-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

Yes it is very easy. Put your seat belt on.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Sep 15 2004, 09:08 PM
Yes it is very easy. Put your seat belt on.
hahahahahaa!!! good one

Hi and welcome to the board. As far as i know, there is no way to turn it off. But i could be wrong.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:04 PM
CALI BMW

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>If anyone know's, please let me know........It's driving me crazy!!!!!!</span>
Old 09-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Senior Members

i actually had that same questions back in April and figured that there was no way to turn it off....plus i drive with my seatbelt on most of the time. The only time the beeps bother me is when there is someone in the passenger seat and they don't put the seatbelt on...and i don't want to be rude and tell them to put it on...but the beep speaks for itself...dont really like it...its annoying...if anyone has a way to get around it then share
Old 09-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard ! sorry to say but there is no way you can bypass that . what you can do is put the seatbelt on first, then sit inside your car. that will fool the system . but why would you want to drive around w/o your seatbelt on ? things will happen, who knows?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Contributors

I'm not one to judge...but I've had two friends die, one with the stick shift that went through his chest out the back, and the other with his face through the windshield. Also, my local bakery lady was one of 5 that got thrown out of their SUV through the front window and all 5 died, the other two kids survived, except one fell on to the train track, got run over by the train, had his leg amputated and survived! Anyway, good luck finding the off switch!
Old 09-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Contributors

They are there for safety but if you must drive without them just get a buckle that will fit the slot from a different car and put it in the slot. No more noise and when you are in an accident you will probably not be covered by insurance for neglagence.
But, ones price to pay for freedsom.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Contributors

I always wear my seatbelt and you should too, but if you must find a way around it, I believe there is a speaker under the dash on the driver's side that may be the source of the chime.

Not sure though.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

My seatbelt safed my life 4 months ago. The idea of heezy could work but you would still have the warning in the dashboard.

Quick Reply: Seat belt