E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Satellite Screw Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black
Smile

All right fellas, got a problem.

When I bought my E60 in December of last year, I had to buy it from a dealership over 200 miles away as they were the only ones who had the spec I was looking for. When I got there, I ran into MANY issues that are at this point coming back to raise it's ugly head. The dealer I was working with has since been fired for taking all sorts of short cuts as well as lying to customers. I am a victim of that problem. I was told by this guy that the satellite radio was installed in the car; it wasn't. So I got a "We Owe" slip for a sat radio. No prob, right? I'll just get down when I can and get it installed. When I went down last week to get the tires taken care of (Dunflop Run Flats - they replaced both rear), I left the car overnight to get the sat radio installed. When I went to go pick up the car, I was then told that there was no way for them to install the radio as it is not sat prepared. You gotta be kidding me! So, as frustrated as I was (3 month old "asking" for food and too bloody hot outside), I said go ahead and send me a check for what I paid for the sat radio. There was no distinct line for that amount and I was told that they charge $450 for sat radio. Good to go, send it to me in the mail. When I got home, I checked online and it's a $595 option. They're not prepared to send me any more than $450 because "it's what we charge".

Does this sound like a big bunch of cr@p or what?

Any thoughts? Legal Assist? Lemon Law?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Thats going to be a hard one to argue... did you get any discount off the car? if you did they can say part of that discount came from your sat radio.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

Didn't get a discount; was 05 CPO (and not done well, either). I was told Sat Radio came with the car and then the only reason that it was not in there when I went to pick it up was that they ran out of time. Basically a bold face lie. Was also given a "We Owe" slip that simply said "Sat Radio".

Getting angry again now......Gin and Tonic helping that I suppose.......
Old 07-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by Spyder44' post='442756' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:45 PM
Didn't get a discount; was 05 CPO (and not done well, either). I was told Sat Radio came with the car and then the only reason that it was not in there when I went to pick it up was that they ran out of time. Basically a bold face lie. Was also given a "We Owe" slip that simply said "Sat Radio".

Getting angry again now......Gin and Tonic helping that I suppose.......

My advice is two-fold.

#1. Stick to your guns and demand the full value of the sat radio that you were told was included with the car. If they deny it, simply tell them that you have spoken with your attorney and he has advised you to file a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection. Trust me, it'll cost them more headache to deal with the AG's office on a fraudulent consumer issue than its worth. If they decline to resolve it to your satisfaction, call the AG and make a complaint.

#2. Have a strong Makers Mark Bourbon when its over.

- Pete
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear your story, it really sux. By the way, I do have Sat Prep in my car but the dealership where I go to for service charges $700 to have Sat Radio retrofit done. I don't really care for sat radio that much.