E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sat radio removal and ipod install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car came with Sirius Sat radio which I don't plan on using. It didn't have a CD changer, but it is pre-wired for one and I got an Ipod interface for xmas from the wife. I know that I will need to go the dealership to get the ipod added to the iDrive.

my plan is to remove the sat radio unit to sell it and install the ipod interface and then go to the dealer to have the ipod turned on and the sat radio turned off.

my question is about the timing. I disconnected the sat radio it last night, but when I did i got an SOS error message on the iDrive. plugged it back in and it went away.

should I disconnect the sat radio and install ipod and have the dealership do their magic? or should I leave the sat module installed, install ipod also and then go to dealer , etc.

i don' t want to spend a fortune at the dealer and don't want to make 2 trips.

i will have the sat module and bracket for sale as soon I get this resolved.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Model year of your car would help. The 6-disc changer, which is where the iPod adaptor replaces, is located in the glove box. Sirius module is located in the trunk. Even if you don't plan to use it, I see no need to remove the module unless you want to try and sell it. I would suspect that when you tell your SA what you are doing, they can disable the Sirius at the same time they are activating the iPod adaptor.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='1080049' date='Dec 26 2009, 05:02 PM
Model year of your car would help. The 6-disc changer, which is where the iPod adaptor replaces, is located in the glove box. Sirius module is located in the trunk. Even if you don't plan to use it, I see no need to remove the module unless you want to try and sell it. I would suspect that when you tell your SA what you are doing, they can disable the Sirius at the same time they are activating the iPod adaptor.

2006 550i - The reason I want to remove sat radio is to sell it. it will pay for the ipod interface.

thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Gotcha. I would still think one service call will do it, with the tech activating the iPod and deactivating the Sirius...
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i

Originally Posted by lightningflash' post='1079927' date='Dec 26 2009, 08:34 AM
My car came with Sirius Sat radio which I don't plan on using. It didn't have a CD changer, but it is pre-wired for one and I got an Ipod interface for xmas from the wife. I know that I will need to go the dealership to get the ipod added to the iDrive.

my plan is to remove the sat radio unit to sell it and install the ipod interface and then go to the dealer to have the ipod turned on and the sat radio turned off.

my question is about the timing. I disconnected the sat radio it last night, but when I did i got an SOS error message on the iDrive. plugged it back in and it went away.

should I disconnect the sat radio and install ipod and have the dealership do their magic? or should I leave the sat module installed, install ipod also and then go to dealer , etc.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i

Originally Posted by lightningflash' post='1079927' date='Dec 26 2009, 08:34 AM

How much do you want for Sat. Module?