E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Royal Crest Enterprises AKA Direct off lease dealership in FL.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Direct off lease is a used car dealership in Miami,FL that sells high end used cars on the internet.The parent company is Royal Cresr Enterprises and that's what they keep hiding under.The guys Al and Blake call themselves car enthusisats but are nothing more then car crooks.
I recently left a $1000 deposit via PayPal with Al for an '06 530i that i was reassured multiple times that it never had any paint work/accident.I insisted on seing a copy of the auction report where the car was bought,but i was reassured by Mr Al,that if the car is clean with out any damage then the Manheim does not issue any paper work meaning the car is with out any damage. He never did sent me any paper work though.
I left the deposit,yet i went ahead and scheduled a PPI at BMW of South Miami.The Paypal request from him said "$1000 depsoit to hold the car" which i did in a good faith.
On my arrival to Miami (flew one way 900 miles) to pick up the car,i immediatly noticed that the car had paint work done to it.I wanted to take the car back to BMW (20 minutes) but Blake refused to do that as he had family committments and stated would not be able to accomodate me. I was told either to take the car or lose the deposit.
So i decided to not purchase the car.
I am now fighting my CC on that deposit but wanted to let you all know what these people are all about.
I have actually seen their facility which is not what they show us on the internet. It's all a big scam.

They also offer a service where for a $1000 deposit they will locate you the car you want and after having dealt with them,i can reassure you that once you give them a deposit you will never see it again.

Few points to remember.

1)- Never leave a deposit on Paypal as they won't do a shit.They only deal with merchandise related issues
2)- Always make sure you get a statement from the car dealer stating that deposit is refundible pending your personal car inspection.
3)-Don't be fooled by Al/Blake's charm as that's how they get you.
4)-I personally will not encourage any one to deal with these shaddy people in FL. I have also been told by few other people that that's what they do,sell damaged cars below the market.
5)-Don't forget,a car dealer is a car dealer whether he is selling a Ferrari or a Toyota.

The purpose of this post is to save other forum members to go thru what i went thru.You can contact me for further details.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you will be able to get the deposit back. The dealership should not be able to take your money - you did not sign a contract did you?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by fast
Direct off lease is a used car dealership in Miami,FL that sells high end used cars on the internet.The parent company is Royal Cresr Enterprises and that's what they keep hiding under.The guys Al and Blake call themselves car enthusisats but are nothing more then car crooks.
I recently left a $1000 deposit via PayPal with Al for an '06 530i that i was reassured multiple times that it never had any paint work/accident.I insisted on seing a copy of the auction report where the car was bought,but i was reassured by Mr Al,that if the car is clean with out any damage then the Manheim does not issue any paper work meaning the car is with out any damage. He never did sent me any paper work though.
I left the deposit,yet i went ahead and scheduled a PPI at BMW of South Miami.The Paypal request from him said "$1000 depsoit to hold the car" which i did in a good faith.
On my arrival to Miami (flew one way 900 miles) to pick up the car,i immediatly noticed that the car had paint work done to it.I wanted to take the car back to BMW (20 minutes) but Blake refused to do that as he had family committments and stated would not be able to accomodate me. I was told either to take the car or lose the deposit.
So i decided to not purchase the car.
I am now fighting my CC on that deposit but wanted to let you all know what these people are all about.
I have actually seen their facility which is not what they show us on the internet. It's all a big scam.

They also offer a service where for a $1000 deposit they will locate you the car you want and after having dealt with them,i can reassure you that once you give them a deposit you will never see it again.

Few points to remember.

1)- Never leave a deposit on Paypal as they won't do a shit.They only deal with merchandise related issues
2)- Always make sure you get a statement from the car dealer stating that deposit is refundible pending your personal car inspection.
3)-Don't be fooled by Al/Blake's charm as that's how they get you.
4)-I personally will not encourage any one to deal with these shaddy people in FL. I have also been told by few other people that that's what they do,sell damaged cars below the market.
5)-Don't forget,a car dealer is a car dealer whether he is selling a Ferrari or a Toyota.

The purpose of this post is to save other forum members to go thru what i went thru.You can contact me for further details.

Well you already know that there was work done. I deal directly with BMW Financial Services on most of the cars I sell, which were lease vehicles. I happen to have done business with Jackie the owner of Royal Crest which is who you're probably referring to...we're not on good terms. Can you provide the VIN number of the car? I can try to find out some info to help you out. I do not know Direct off lease is that another LLC startup that they've done? lol. Sorry to hear that but you were smart to do a post point inspection but you really should have negotiated the agreement to do so prior to flight.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I used to work at car dealership and a deposit is only to hold the car for a period of time and no way a guarantee of purchase. Since the contract was not consumated, the dealer is subject to return the deposit. You can contact paypal and demand to credit back your money. Your CC will always side you when you file a dispute and will automatically hold payment or will credit back the charges. No need to worry. The dealer will have no grounds on this dispute.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

Back in the day, I had bought a car from Royal Crest Ent. On the day after I picked up the car, the police had raided the car lot. They assured me that it was a mistake and all was well with the sale. Turned out they sold me a car that had been in a major accident in which they denied. At that time, I was too young to really know anything about cars to tell. The extended warranty they had put on the car wouldn't cover the car for any repairs when needed. I found this out a year after and needless to say Royal Crest was gone from that location. They are crooks! I am surprised they are still around and they are not in jail...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Well you already know that there was work done. I deal directly with BMW Financial Services on most of the cars I sell, which were lease vehicles. I happen to have done business with Jackie the owner of Royal Crest which is who you're probably referring to...we're not on good terms. Can you provide the VIN number of the car? I can try to find out some info to help you out. I do not know Direct off lease is that another LLC startup that they've done? lol. Sorry to hear that but you were smart to do a post point inspection but you really should have negotiated the agreement to do so prior to flight.
No i didn't know the car had work done to it. Infact Al had repeatedly re-assured me that there was no paint work done to the car.My CC company seems to be having problem giving me the credit as the royal crest is saying that they took the car off the market for 11 days. I have not responded to that reply yet but can i have some help here with few questions.
1)- How do you prove that they did take the car off the market. I know for sure that Auto trader still had the car until quite a few weeks later. Is there any way i can get a copy from Autotrader showing where the car was still being advertised or when it actually was taken off the market.
2)- The PPI At BMW south in Miami said no evidence of body damage detected.However it was very clear that the car had a paint line on the driver side rear door and the missing vin tag from trunk indicating paint repair.
Now when i got there i wanted to take the car back to BMW to address the paint issue but Direct Off lease won't allow me to. That's when i decided to not purchase the car. How do i get this point across to my CC company ?

AchtungE60'.... You got PM ( The vin # is WBANE73556CM38329 it's an '06 530i that was purchased some time in early part of Oct '10.

Thanks for all your help guys.. I need to nail these suckers and would appreciate all the help i can get. This is where the community can really come together to help the members.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by fast
No i didn't know the car had work done to it.
Sorry for the confusion. What i meant is 'now you know the car had some sort of work done' ....I replied to your PM with details. IF that's the car there was no announcment of body damage. You may have to do some social engineering here when it comes to the car's documents.

BMW Financial Services sells off their lease vehicles. It is not uncommon to find paint work done. Likewise, when you buy a CPO it is also not uncommon. Several board members will tell you their experiences and myself personally will tell you I had a CPO that had paintwork done. Just because there is paintwork done does not mean that there is an issue with the vehicle though. I think a lot of conusmers are plagued with the things that they're told. For instance I buy cars all the time that have "frame" damage...but what is "frame damage?" Well depends on the frame! Unibody frames are basically where all the body parts come together to strengthen the vehicle and are welded together so you have "the frame"...so you have to know about cars in order to inspect and buy. A car that had a rear quarter panel section 'cut and weld' is considered 'frame damange.' While its name gives out scary indicators to normal consumers, it's nothing that will really be a problem. What if we selected our husbands and wives like this? "oh no, not that one, she had a broken leg" ....however........car dealer must disclose if they are aware of any of that.But anyway to get back to the subject.

The best thing to do is stay silent in these situations. Don't give too much information. Be bland and wait for dealer's response and then you will know what move to make. If you made a deposit without any terms then don't go through paypal, go through your CC. Read your CC's terms and find your BEST vantage point because there may be several categories that apply to your situation.