E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Route 66 Insurance Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 01:07 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 BMW 545i
Default Route 66 Insurance Update

Just had to have my car in for service. Had a coil out on number 3 cylinder as well as a leaky coolant reservoir. Additionally found I needed what I think was the thrust bushings on the front. Originally tried to get all the coils replaced as when I read the codes it said misfire on cylinders 2,3 & 4. Short story long, they would only replace the one. Insurance also would not cover the coolant reservoir as they said it was a wear item. Odd. All said and done they paid $475.00 and I paid $318.00. Not bad all in all I guess but I was a bit let down by the limit on the coil and not covering the coolant tank. If those other two coils let go I will be less than pleased. Just thought you all should know.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

I have the same warranty. They were good to me and I would recommend to others!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: 07 550i

Originally Posted by ColonelLonewolf
Just had to have my car in for service. Had a coil out on number 3 cylinder as well as a leaky coolant reservoir. Additionally found I needed what I think was the thrust bushings on the front. Originally tried to get all the coils replaced as when I read the codes it said misfire on cylinders 2,3 & 4. Short story long, they would only replace the one. Insurance also would not cover the coolant reservoir as they said it was a wear item. Odd. All said and done they paid $475.00 and I paid $318.00. Not bad all in all I guess but I was a bit let down by the limit on the coil and not covering the coolant tank. If those other two coils let go I will be less than pleased. Just thought you all should know.

If you have the exclusion warranty which is the only one they have I believe (I will have to double check my contract), then they have to cover the coolant reservoir (not fluids) unless your contract specifically states the coolant reservoir is not covered.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:39 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 BMW 545i

I have the easy street plan which is supposed to be bumper to bumper. They said the coolant reservoir was a wear item. Sounded odd to me.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:24 AM
New Members

My experience with Route 66 has been positive until today, when they denied a claim for a cracked valve cover (they would cover the valve cover gasket, however). They claim this does not constitute a "mechanical breakdown", and that it is excluded by the warranty (which I can't understand given the below). Additionally, the customer service reps I spoke with were either slow and unknowledgeable, or very rude to the point of hanging up on me.

Should the valve cover have been covered? I'm certain it would have been covered by the manufacturer's original warranty like the coolant reservoir here. What recourse do I have?

Paragraph I - PARTS EASY STREET - FACTORY TYPE COVERAGE

WHAT'S COVERED: INCLUDES ALL ITEMS COVERED UNDER THE MANUFACTURER'S ORIGINAL COVERAGE except for those items listed under "Items not covered".

24-HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE Towing, flat tire changing, fuel and fluid delivery, lock-out service, "jump" starting, and Safe and Secure Package.

RENTAL CAR REIMBURSEMENT: In the event of mechanical breakdown of a covered component, the Agreement Holder will be reimbursed up to $50 per day for a rental vehicle for each four hours of covered repair time as determined by a national flat-rate guide. Total not to exceed $250. Rental receipts required for reimbursement.

ITEMS NOT COVERED: Any normal maintenance item including tires, wheels, struts, shocks, brake shoes or pads, rotors or drums, belts, hoses, filters, fluids, lubricants, clutch, pressure plate or clutch release bearing and tune-up items. Exhaust or emission parts, sound reproduction components, lighting, wiring harness, telephone, clock, television and navigation equipment. Any body parts, interior parts, trim, glass, paint, air bag system and keyless entry/anti-theft.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by ColonelLonewolf
I have the easy street plan which is supposed to be bumper to bumper. They said the coolant reservoir was a wear item. Sounded odd to me.
Only on BMWs LOL
Old 08-14-2016, 05:35 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by InsipidMonkey
My experience with Route 66 has been positive until today, when they denied a claim for a cracked valve cover (they would cover the valve cover gasket, however). They claim this does not constitute a "mechanical breakdown", and that it is excluded by the warranty (which I can't understand given the below). Additionally, the customer service reps I spoke with were either slow and unknowledgeable, or very rude to the point of hanging up on me.

Should the valve cover have been covered? I'm certain it would have been covered by the manufacturer's original warranty like the coolant reservoir here. What recourse do I have?
I replied to your post on the other forum you posted on, did you get this resolved since the valve cover is covered and you needed to escalate this at RT 66?
Old 08-14-2016, 09:36 AM
New Members

I did followup with Route 66 to give them the opportunity to make things right before pursuing other options, and the supervisor I spoke with understood the issue immediately and agreed to cover the valve cover. I am waiting to receive the check in the mail and will update when I receive it.

My faith in Route 66 is somewhat restored, and I recommend that anyone experiencing such an issue call back and ask to speak with a supervisor.