E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rotors from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011 | 10:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Keep in mind just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. You'll want to look at what cast grade those rotors are. Are they being treated with zinc, are the x-drilled holes chamfered, etc.

Originally Posted by healthservices
Just to let you know some of the very rotors that many of the members here buy from, are from the same vendors who sell directly to the public on ebay. Do a search on ebay and you will see it for yourself.
Old 01-26-2011 | 10:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Considering most of the world's steel comes from China, it probably started out there.

A few google searches it seems there are mixed reviews on Brakemotive but leans toward the positive side.
Old 01-27-2011 | 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by healthservices
Oh and because some of the members here maybe "f**kin chinese" you may want to have a moderator fix your post before it Attachment 116843
Yeah - dont see the need for the whole "f**kin chinese" thing... just unneccessary!
Old 01-27-2011 | 05:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

While chambered x-drilled holes are important, it is even more important to ensure that the holes are drilled properly in relation to the vanes of the rotor. As I said, I have used said vendor on my SRT8. This car is not a garage queen and is Tracked every other weekend, making for extreme braking circumstances. They have held up very well over the past couple years. As far as zinc coating, I can show some pics of the R1's on my wifes 3 series to illustrate that zinc coating is not all it is cracked up to be (hers rusted within months of install).

I am not peddling for, or against any manufacturer. I am however against bandwagoning. I suggest unbiased research, allowing you to make an informed educated purchase.....that YOU will be comfortable with. If you go to any forum on the internet that has an AMWAY salesman as a vendor, and ask what the best laundry deterget brand is, do you think everyone is going to say Tide?

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Keep in mind just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. You'll want to look at what cast grade those rotors are. Are they being treated with zinc, are the x-drilled holes chamfered, etc.
Old 01-27-2011 | 06:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
While chambered x-drilled holes are important, it is even more important to ensure that the holes are drilled properly in relation to the vanes of the rotor. As I said, I have used said vendor on my SRT8. This car is not a garage queen and is Tracked every other weekend, making for extreme braking circumstances. They have held up very well over the past couple years. As far as zinc coating, I can show some pics of the R1's on my wifes 3 series to illustrate that zinc coating is not all it is cracked up to be (hers rusted within months of install).

I am not peddling for, or against any manufacturer. I am however against bandwagoning. I suggest unbiased research, allowing you to make an informed educated purchase.....that YOU will be comfortable with. If you go to any forum on the internet that has an AMWAY salesman as a vendor, and ask what the best laundry deterget brand is, do you think everyone is going to say Tide?

i think michaels other point is that vendor support is there as well as other members on here have the same setup. Id rather pay a little bit more to know if i have a problem ill be taken care of whereas the ebay vendor will only do so much

michael has gone out of his way many many times to ensure his customers are happy, he has even helped out other vendors customers when they would not step up
Old 01-27-2011 | 07:08 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

in life shit happens, i'm here for you to help clean up that shit and make the smell go away.